Search results

1. KevinPrz

Low water pressure except after running hot water

easy, the flux capacitor needs precisely 1.21 gigawatts or you'll never get anywhere.
  2. KevinPrz

Help with first quote on a job

Can you throw in a cup of coffee at least??! or beer depending on the week.
  3. KevinPrz

Beckett Aquasmart

I think you should post some pics and model of your boiler... I'm a dummy and will sit back and read the replies but from what I've learned here is 120 is too low for an oil burner and will reduce the life of the boiler from condensation.
  4. KevinPrz

Whole house water filter

Anyone have experience with this brand/housing? http://www.uswatersystems.com/water-filters/whole-house-water-filters/aquapurion-big-blue-4-5-x-20-commercial-filter-housing.html I have city water and it's fairly clean, but really wanted something (minimal $) for the whole house. My goal is to...
  5. KevinPrz

Hot Water Recirculation and PRV

A second for the Grundfos Comfort system... took less than an hour to install just a few weeks ago. It use to take 90 seconds+ to get hot water in our main bathroom - now it's instantly warm, hot in a few seconds. The only compromise with the comfort system(which has not been an issue) is that...
  6. KevinPrz

Any maintenance I can do to my boiler? Also a question if I'm missing a check valve...

Well the previous owner was a commercial hvac guy but he passed away so I never got a good run down on the system from the architect. It's 1 indirect tank zone, 1 for 1st FL, 1 for 2nd FL. The 4th is for expansion, maybe finishing off the basement or radiant heat - not sure the original...
  7. KevinPrz

temporary fernco on cast iron leaking

I used fernco's for transitioning from CI to PVC a while back and had issues with burrs and leaking on that connection. I was able to grind it down enough where it sealed ok. In looking back if I had a mission band coupling, I think that would have sealed over the slight burr where the fernco...
  8. KevinPrz

Any maintenance I can do to my boiler? Also a question if I'm missing a check valve...

The pressure relief tank seemed to have lost it's charge... I pump'd it back up to 12psi and will monitor the situation! Expect another thread in the coming days as I just scored an HW3250 for $62... Thanks again for the detailed responses!
  9. KevinPrz

I want to build wooden baseboard covers. Drawbacks?Are metal designed to throw heat?

looking good- I want to cover a couple radiators with a box... this is giving me some motivation.
  10. KevinPrz

Thanks, I'll test out the timing tonight. My Indirect is set at 115, but the water at the faucet is 135ish - no mixing valve or anything, I think the guys that installed it didn't install the temp sensor right but it seems stable at this odd setting. I appreciate the advice!
  11. KevinPrz

Thanks for the reply! So on my boiler's aquastat, I may benefit by lowering the LO to ~135? It's at 160/180 right now and the diff setting is between 10 and 15. I have never touched those settings. I'm not sure what is considered short burns but I can time it now that it's so cold here in...
  12. KevinPrz

Hi all, I have a weil mclain wtgo that was converted to Gas with a Carlin burner. The plumber said it's maintenance free now and no longer needed my yearly cleanings. I'm just curious if there is any other preventative maintenance I could be doing for my system? The other question - on my...
  13. KevinPrz

Oil to Gas Conversion. Please Help

I had my weil mclain WTGO oil burner converted to nat gas with the Carlin EZ burner. The Carlin was discounted from the gas company, the entire bill was 1200 to convert. I live in the northeast and it was a pretty cold winter last year - we saw about a 30% savings in our heating from 2012 vs...
  14. KevinPrz

Main natural gas shut off bleeding?

Yep, I'm sure a pro wouldn't mind I just don't want to get stuck with a leak that I can't shut off. I timed it again tonight and if I wait 5 minutes a single stove top burner will burn for about 7 seconds. I'm sure it's not all that dangerous but I'll see what national grid says tomorrow.
  15. KevinPrz

They did not want to help out here, told me to "hire a plumber for the trouble with your appliance" lol... In the end, they're coming out to check it Wednesday. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to want the gas to be OFF when it's shut off.
  16. KevinPrz

I like that idea myself... The first connection I'm putting in down from the union is a shut off. The meter is the only shut off today. I'll give good ol' national grid a call and let them know their shut off sucks after I'm done with the work.
  17. KevinPrz

I turned off my gas at the meter, which I've done before. I'm going to be taking off a union and adding a tee for a dryer in the basement - very minimal and all new pipe work is already measured and assembled. However I noticed after bleeding the line through my stove - when I go back 5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks