Search results

1. Prange

Inconsistent Drain

I replaced a wall-mount bathroom sink a few weeks ago. Everything is in the same location as the old one. It drained fine when installed. Now it didn't drain for me once a week later. Then it did. It happened again today. Now it's fine. It's in the powder room and not used often. Any...
  2. Prange

Toto Connelly-Thumbs Up

Thank you for the pics.
  3. Prange

Toto Connelly-Thumbs Up

I have the 1.6 Drake. It's 10 years old this month. Happy Birthday,Drake!
  4. Prange

Toto Connelly-Thumbs Up

I recently had a Toto Connelly installed. I had reservations about the dual-flush system. It has that two-direction flush handle - .9 gal and 1.28 gal. Works like a dream in both modes. The Dual-Cyclone definitely flushes cleaner than my Drake in the other bathroom. I really tested that 1.28...
  5. Prange

Bottle Trap or P-Trap

No drain cleaners. I've been using the Home Depot and Menards stuff. They seem to have thin spots at the bottom. I barely rubbed them and they started leaking. They must be the 22 gauge you mentioned. Thanks for the info on the type and gauge.
  6. Prange

Bottle Trap or P-Trap

I've had to replace three metal p-traps in the past 10 years. Since it's exposed, I'm looking for the best quality I can find. Any recommendations? Thanks.
  7. Prange

Bottle Trap or P-Trap

hj, I found a JACLO P-trap that's 17 gauge and it has solid brass nuts with washers and a brass clean-out,too. Thanks for the info. Maybe those are the reasons why I've never seen one. I'll stick with the P-trap. I can handle that one.
  8. Prange

Bottle Trap or P-Trap

I'm replacing a wall-mount lavatory in a powder room. I like the look of a bottle trap, but I've never seen one in use. Would a P-trap function better? Also, who makes the highest-quality traps? I'm trying to avoid all Chinese junk if possible. Thanks for the help.
  9. Prange

Dishwasher/Disposal drain

Thanks,Terry. I was thinking of using one drain for the dishwasher and the other drain for the disposal. Are there any issues with this set-up? Thank you for your help.
  10. Prange

Dishwasher/Disposal drain

I have 2 drains that were on my 2 bowl sink. The new sink has a single bowl. I need to hook up a dishwasher and a disposal. Can I use one of the drains for the dishwasher and the other for the sink/disposal? Would an air gap be desirable? Thanks.
  11. Prange

Whole House Water Filters

Great point about needing service or parts. I found another one that should do the job-very low pressure drop. Seems simple to service,too. Here's the link: http://www.purewaterproducts.com/big-bubba-whole-house-filter
  12. Prange

Our water is treated with ALOT of chlorine and is not the best-(Chicago water). We have 35 psi. Thanks.
  13. Prange

I'm looking at an EQ-1000 Aquasana Rhino whole house water filter system. Anyone here have any experience with them? Any input would be welcomed.