Search results

1. Jeff1

Shower remodel

I'm planning a shower remodel to include new fixtures and a larger shower area. The plan is in its very early stages. We are thinking about an overhead rain type fixture in addition to a wall mount and possibly a hand held. What type of fixtures/diverters would you recommend and would you...
  2. Jeff1

Patio Cover Rebuild

I'm going to rebuild a patio cover that my contractor used the cheapest materials possible on. It passed inspection but looked cheap and didn't hold up. I'm planning on replacing the 2x6 beams with 4x6. They have a 10 foot span from header to outside frame. My question is: do the new beams...
  3. Jeff1

Duct for a Kitchen hood

We're in the process of remodeling our kitchen. Part of it is moving the cook top to a different wall. This includes moving the range hood. To properly duct it, do I need a new exhaust through the roof or can I run the duct from the new location and tie into the current roof duct? Thanks...
  4. Jeff1

Bamboo Flooring

I have a question on installing bamboo flooring. Is glue required for installations or is nailing enough? If glue is needed, what type of glue is required? Thanks
  5. Jeff1

Kitchen electrical

I'm adding kitchen cabinets on a half wall. This will be an L shaped counter and the full wall next to it will have an outlet. The total length of the half wall counter is 54". Based on code,if I'm reading it right, there needs to be an outlet for this counter space. Since this counter top...
  6. Jeff1

Gas and water in a kitched remodel

I'm doing a kitchen remodel and need to add a new gas line and water line for the stove and pot filler. So far, I have 1 estimate. After recovering from the shock, I have decided to get some more estimates. Before anyone starts to worry, I AM NOT going to play with the gas or water lines...
  7. Jeff1

Leaking Shower Drain

Hi all, My 2nd floor shower started leaking - or at least we just noticed the leak. When I cut the drywall under the shower, I found some issues with the drain pipe (see the attached). What I'd like to do is cut the existing drain line and replace the damaged area with PVC. Is this a...
  8. Jeff1

GFI weird issue

We hired someone to add outlets in the front yard. This is a new circuit with a GFI on the house leading to 2 boxes in the yard. When the GFI tripped (a fixture got wet), I reset it and nothing worked. I got out my handy tester and it showed hot and ground reversed. I looked in the boxes...
  9. Jeff1

In Wall TV Wiring

Have any of you used structured wires? I'm looking at running the wires for a wall mount TV and would love to be able to run a single wire instead of 5 wires for components (RGB + L&R channel). Where can I get small amounts of the wire instead of having to purchase 250' at a time? Thanks...
  10. Jeff1

hanging a tv over a fireplace

Hi all. I'm going to be installing a tv over a fireplace. I've ripped out the drywall and will be installing additional support lumber as well as electrical and other cabling. I'd like to know if there are any special considerations for the wiring near the metal flu. It turned out to be...
  11. Jeff1

moving ice maker supply line

Hi all, I'm planning a remodel and will be moving my fridge to a wall with no current water supply. What's the best (most cost efficient and reliable) way to add a supply line to the wall? Would it be ok to just fish the 1/4 inch copper tube or is it better to tee off the supply and run a...
  12. Jeff1

Multi Zone HVAC

Has anyone had any experience with setting up a multi zone HVAC? I have a 2 story, so to keep the upstairs cool, the A/C has to be cranked low - freezing downstairs and marginally cool upstairs. I found some zone controllers and dampers at RCS An A/C rep quoted me $2500 to set up, but I...
  13. Jeff1

Water Heater Brand

First, thanks to all for a great forum - it really helped me with a leaky sink drain. I've seen lots of postings on water heaters, but none really came out and said which brands seem to have the least issues. I'm going to be replacing a 13 year old gas heater and am looking for one that will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks