Search results

1. ziit

Mini shower/toilet waterproof

Is the room a wet room or is the shower in it's own space?... Wet should be - shower (there will be the curtains) but with the size of the room I consider it all wet room. You want your pre slope and then your waterproofing. After a flood test all water should drain away - make sure you...
  2. ziit

Mini shower/toilet waterproof

Hello, I'm building/constructing :) mini shower/toilet in the basement. It's really mini (ship like size)180x80 cm (~6x3 feet). So it's important to waterproof as much as I can all the room. The base is concrete slab (all walls are interior), then should go membrane, the sloped concrete bed...
  3. ziit

Double exhaust box

I'm looking for solution to put dryer's and bathroom's exhaust point into one outside exit hole/box. So far I could find just one company that make that kind of product http://xventbox.com/products . Maybe somebody can share other suppliers or other possibilities? Thank you.
  4. ziit

Soffit for basement ductwork

Thank you for your inputs. As novice I thought that maybe this idea is too crazy:D but for me I-beam is time and space saver (where every cm counts), and I know that I'll need shims, but it will be for example 2d and 5th beam, not all row going to one direction.
  5. ziit

Anyone? Is it such a bad idea to use 2 1/2" x 11 7/8" instead of hand made frame?
  6. ziit

Uneven walkout basement external wall's insulation

What i can see (including the garage that is part of ground floor) and feel, it's the second option(with vented cavities). The house has been built in 80ies, so I don't think there is any foam insulation....
  7. ziit

I've read about ductwork framing but couldn't find answer for the question - is it possible to use i-joist as part of frame instead of making the frame from scratch from lumber? it would save me a lot time and work. Thanks
  8. ziit

The location is Toronto and the house is townhouse, so from all other sides we have "insulation", also the external wall that I'm talking about is brick faced from outside (if that was the question about stackup?)
  9. ziit

Thank you all for suggestions. I'm reading and reading and more measuring and measuring and appears that the wall is total disaster, more uneven (everywhere) then I thought from the beginning. I'm thinking of going with "normal" framing and fiberglass batts (and I hate fiberglass:() "FrothPak"...
  10. ziit

Thank you for the quick answer. That is the problem, in Canada to find folding foam - mission impossible. So far I couldn't find, the thinnest rigid foam is 0.5" You gave me another idea - if I will even vertically the surface with some wood strips/shims (that later will work for windows and...
  11. ziit

Hello, I'm preparing to finish my walkout basement. All basement has drywalls just the external wall not. Basement has no water problems (the house is on hill and the balcony is above the wall that I want to work on) and is relatively warm also all wall is painted.The problem is that the wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks