Search results

1. Workhurts

Schluter linear drain - water flow question

I have the channel body of a 56" linear drain installed at the curbless entrance of the shower. I have 4 showerheads (2gpm). Shower is 7' deep and 5' wide. 2" drain pipe. With all 4 shower heads turned on everything drains properly. Have the Kerdi membrane in but not tiled so just...
  2. Workhurts

Linear drains without a traditional liner.

Trying to decide between Laticrete, Schluter and some other alternatives. Is it safe to say that I should be looking for a product that has some kind of flange so my topical waterproofing can adhere to the trough? Kinda like how Schluter has an integrated one and Laticrete has a flange that...
  3. Workhurts

Odor from tub drain. Cant find a leak or clog.

One more tidbit. So, back to the water ripple in the trap when the toilet is flushed. Not exactly accurate the way I described it the first time. The water moves up and down a little. Maybe 1/2" but it's hard to tell by looking at the camera. I can't remember what the plumber said exactly...
  4. Workhurts

Think I'm tossing in the towel on this one. I had the plumber come out under warranty and he poked around. Used the flexible camera thing I had to check water level inside pipe and it pretty much looked like it did when I looked at it last. There was water above the joint so water at the weir...
  5. Workhurts

Pot filler with pipe along outside wall. How to insulate?

So, new project coming up in the near future. Was talking to the plumber that came to look at the tub odor mentioned in another thread and got to talking about a few other projects I wanted to do. Since the potfiller would be on an outside wall, he suggested that I make sure I have plenty of...
  6. Workhurts

Thanks folks for the quick responses. Here's a bit more info. 1 - New construction. 15 months old. That tub is never used but the one in the master is used less than 3-4 times a year and has no smell. 2 - Yep, pouring water in once every week or two would likely solve the problem. The...
  7. Workhurts

I was trying to find a vent in the pics I took of the construction but cant fund anything. How close must the vent be to the trap? I know I have vent pipe(s) in the house but have no idea how this particular trap is connected. Is there a way to test for siphon? Pinhole at the bottom of...
  8. Workhurts

So, guest bath has sewage odor out of the drain. Goes away when water is run. Comes back in a couple of weeks. Trap probably going dry. All other tubs currently and previously would not stink up for months when not used. I opened up the wall behind the tub and can see the trap. No...
  9. Workhurts

3 step Delta diverter to supply two shower heads (yay or nay?)

So, one shower with dimensions of about 8' x 3'. Want to put two shower heads in on opposite walls. I don't need two temperature controls. I would also like to be able to turn both of them on and off from a single location. Builder wants to use two mixers and have two independent showers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks