Search results

1. HiccaBurp

Need Help Deciding How To Treat My Water

Dittohead, When you talk about "manganese dioxide", is this what you mean? http://www.aquascience.net/greensand-plus/index.cfm?id=873
  2. HiccaBurp

Thanks Dittohead! Our water is good sometimes, then for periods we'll get a pretty strong metallic taste/smell, then a strong sulfur smell. Right now the water seems in it's better cycle hence the no iron detected. However, I did fill up a jar and after a day, the water turned from crystal...
  3. HiccaBurp

Need help in deciding how to treat my water. Northern IL Well - about 150' 6-7 people living in the house 2,400 sq ft plus full basement partially finished, full later 3 bathrooms, with a 4th in the basement once finished SFR = 35 seconds for 5 gallon bucket Water test results...
  4. HiccaBurp

Need Help Please! Water Filtration Not Operating Properly..

Long, but I need help please!! Having issues with water filtration. We have our own well. I attached the last two water sample tests we took. You can see(pic below) how we have our current water system setup. The Rhino and accompanying components all came from http://www.aquasana.com/...
  5. HiccaBurp

Culligan Medalist WS setting recommendations?

Thanks RJ. The place I purchased my pressure tank was great service and price. I found this on their website that looks interesting? http://www.aquascience.net/water-softeners/index.cfm?id=660 What is this that Gary Slusser is talking about? Do dual tanks not work as good as single tanks...
  6. HiccaBurp

Thanks RJ. This is a set per day unit.. not metered :( The previous owner was cheap! Also, there was only 2, maybe 3 people living here when they purchased the softener. I completely know it's inefficient for us. However, earlier this year I purchased a Aquasana Rhino whole house filtration...
  7. HiccaBurp

When we bought our house, the Culligan Medalist 8" WS was already installed in the home. However, we never met the owners and there was no instructions on setting the WS. Can I get a base for setting and going from there? I don't feel like spending $100 for a service call as I'd rather spend...
  8. HiccaBurp

Question for installing sediment filter and water softener.

My current tank is fiberglass.. not steel. The plumber says it's orange like that because the busted bladder is exposing air to the water and making the iron rust. I guess when we put the new bladder we'll see if it's true. Our water tastes great now.. just can't stand the film on dishes and...
  9. HiccaBurp

Question for installing sediment filter and water softener.

First, hello all.. newbie from the great commie state of northern Illinois!! Second, I purchased my house about 3 years ago. Submersible, pressure tank and culligan water softener. We did not like the taste of our water especially during season changes. Needed to bleach the well. Last...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks