Search results

1. norbus

Partial flush

So, replacing the toilet will solve this, great! For now, I have a qt bottle of "Sizzle" from the local supply house. If VERY CAREFUL, and wearing gloves, etc, would I pour it? Or are we talking about manually applying it to the holes? (which are badly clogged and black).
  2. norbus

Partial flush

We have two old Gerbers on the main floor. On one of them, when we flush, it swirls for quite a while, some of the water goes down, but not the paper. You can flush again, with pretty much the same results. I've used a closet augur on the toilet itself and no change. The tank fills properly...
  3. norbus

Toto UltraMax rim wash

Thanks to everyone for the detailed info. Now, I just have to find a local plumber with a decent installed price on the Drake II. Toto doesn't seem to be sold retail around here. Dave
  4. norbus

Toto UltraMax rim wash

Thanks a lot for the info. In reading other posts, it seems that you're giving up a little flush performance (aka, the "solids" test) in return for the lower water consumption and better bowl wash. Would that be right?
  5. norbus

Toto UltraMax rim wash

Thanks, Terry. My question was more about two Toto systems - GMax versus "double cyclone". Any comment on performance differences there? And, due to price, I'd probably need to go with the Drake. Since they both use the GMax system, I assume it and the Ultramax would perform about the same...
  6. norbus

Toto UltraMax rim wash

Thanks, Steve. I see the "double cyclone" is lower gpf. Are we giving up flushing performance to get the bowl wash or is the flushing just as good as the GMAX system? And, is the bowl wash important? - the local plumber kind of implied that the Gmax system didn't clean the rim.
  7. norbus

Toto UltraMax rim wash

Wow - thanks for the quick reply, Terry. Toto looks like a good brand - I'll just have to read a bunch of posts to see the differences between models for the money. Main selling point between the Drake and Ultramax seems to be the one-piece construction, which does look good, but more $$$...
  8. norbus

Toto UltraMax rim wash

Local plumber agreed this Toto is good. His only criticism is that it doesn't wash the rim very well. He likes the Gerber UltraFlush better. I know this is a lot personal experience and opinion, but any comments on the rim cleaning? The Gerber seems like it would have a louder flush due to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks