Search results

1. BobL43

Hey What's Up?

Hi Guys, Happy New Year! Yup, still around; just been preoccupied and have become more of a procrastinator than even before. I keep meaning to post something here, but you know what procrastination means. I hope everybody is well here. I hope the horrible weather in the SW and Mid West did not...
  2. BobL43

Best news I heard in a long time.

My company said they don't need me anymore and I can go back into retirement. Best news I heard in a long time. Would have been nice if they pick(ed) another time than the last work week before Thanksgiving Day. Well THAT seems to be a company tradition these days. I am happy to be fully...
  3. BobL43

Happy 4th of July

Happy Birthday United States of America!
  4. BobL43

My EMG test

Past couple of months, I was experiencing some pain that sounded/felt like sciatica, and my primary doctor sent me to a neurologist. The Neurologist did some basic testing, and scheduled this EMG test for me, without telling me anything about what it was. When I got home, I Googled "EMG" and...
  5. BobL43

Video Baluns for CAT 5 or 6 Cable

Hey Don or anybody else that may be familiar with these items: I need to make some long wired runs for security cameras, maybe 400 feet or so and was going to use RG59 siamese cable, but then saw that there are balun transformers made for the purpose that utilize the cheaper and maybe better"...
  6. BobL43

Where was Terrylove.com this morning?

I got nervous when I could not find it today.:(
  7. BobL43

Where is Cookie?

Has anybody heard from Cookie in the last week or so?
  8. BobL43

Superstorm Sandy

UH-OH, she's almost here on Long Island. A very NASTY, NASTY storm.
  9. BobL43

Why are My Taxes so High?

One reason: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/suffolk-top-cop-edward-webber-double-dips-collecting-321g-a-year-1.4044093 And it is all legal and proper so it is said. My county seems to be the highest paying county for Police officers and their superiors...
  10. BobL43

Ahhhhh!

Wow, Yesterday I had my 23 year old Rheem SEER 10 replaced with a new Trane XR15 4ton Condenser unit and matching GAM....... air handler (matched certified system SEER of 16.25) The old Rheem just was not able to keep up on the hot days, and my Summer electric bills were over $800 per 2 month...
  11. BobL43

Generator Safety

When hooking up a portable generator to your Service panel, please do it properly so you do not put these guys safety in Jeopardy. Where are there safety harnesses?
  12. BobL43

Ponder This

Ponder this: If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed? .. Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 a piece on those little...
  13. BobL43

solar Eclipse

so is any of us going to see this eclipse tonight? It won't be viewable here on the East coast they say:(
  14. BobL43

You Tube videos

We all know that among some good stuff on You tube, there is a load of crap. I was particularly impressed by this series of plumbing how to videos produced by a Brittish Plumbing outfit. Of course some parts used in the UK look a little wierd, and some stuff like the P trap install may not meet...
  15. BobL43

Kraus Faucet into a Toto Promenade Pedestal Lavatory

Aargh!. So my bathroom reno project is finally coming to installing the Toilet a Toto Promenade round bowl: Done.Today I installed a beautiful Kraus 8 inch 3 hole faucet into the Toto Promenade 28 inch Pedestal lav, and installed the sink onto the pedestal. A tremendous PITA, but it looked...
  16. BobL43

Woman Shot in Head

Woman Shot in Head Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Later, her husband noticed her sitting in her car in the driveway with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both...
  17. BobL43

Removing "plug" on Oatey TKO flange

OK, it seemed simple enough: I bought an Oatey TKO toilet flange with the stainless steel swivel ring on it. I wanted to remove the test seal molded into it because I'm just replacing the bend and the flange, and no test was going to be performed. So simple, even a picture is on the label...
  18. BobL43

Getting Old

Going to be a great Christmas this year. Shot my first turkey yesterday, scared the crap out of everyone in the frozen food section… It was awesome! Gettin' old is so much fun....
  19. BobL43

Tavy Thin skin membrane

With all the arguing/ discussions going on in the shower/ bathtub forum, I thought it might be best to post a seperate thread in the remodel forum, as my question does not really pertain to showers or bathtub enclosures.On Tavy's website, he shows his Thin skin mat product and the glue for it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks