Search results

1. Seattle_Steve

Converting from baseboard to in-floor

I had a Munchkin boiler installed a couple years ago with 3 zone valves. Only one of the zones was initially connected -- to baseboards on my main floor. The other 2 zones were intended for a future 2nd floor addition and finished basement. I've now had the 2nd floor addition framed...
  2. Seattle_Steve

Acceptable way(s) to stack/bundle multiple NM cables

Homeowner here, wiring a new addition... I feel like there's probably an easy answer to this question, but I haven't had much luck finding it here or on google: if I have multiple cables running up a 2x4, what is the best (inspector-approved) way to attach them and still keep them 1 1/4" from...
  3. Seattle_Steve

Rough-in for bathroom fan?

I'm wiring an addition and I think I understand what the inspector will want to see as far as outlets, switches and regular light receptacles. But, how do I rough in the wiring for a bathroom fan? Now that I think about it, I guess the same question applies to recessed lighting. Do I install the...
  4. Seattle_Steve

Caleffi Z-one actuator failures

I had a radiant heating system installed just over two years ago (Munchkin boiler to radiant baseboards). I have had 3 failed zone valve actuators during this time. They were all the Caleffi Z-one Z151000 model. The mechanism continues to work (it opens the valve when the thermostat tells it...
  5. Seattle_Steve

6 AWG to 100 amp subpanel?

I'm installing a sub-panel for a new addition. My load calc suggests a 50amp load for the sub-panel. So, I'm planning a 50amp feeder breaker in the main panel with #6 feeder wire to the sub-panel. But, the local retail stores don't carry (Siemens) panels smaller than 100amp. I checked with the...
  6. Seattle_Steve

Electrical subpanel for new addition

I need to wire a new 2nd floor addition. Since I'll have several circuits on the second floor and the (200amp) main panel is in the basement, I'm planning to have a sub-panel on the 2nd floor feed the new circuits. I'm wondering if the following plan makes sense? Here are the stats: - 3...
  7. Seattle_Steve

What is a six-unit trap?

I'm remodeling and adding a second floor bathroom. King County (Seattle) plumbing code says that a 3" stack can accommodate 48 DFUs, which is more than enough for me. However, there is a footnote that states: "Only four water closets or six-unit traps allowed on any vertical pipe or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks