Search results

1. Vaman77

Moen shower temp limiter

I just replaced a cartridge (for the second time) on a moen shower faucet and all that went fine.However I can't get the little chrome sleeve that serves as a temp limiter to slide over the brass clip fitting on top of the cartridge. The clip is not sticking up.It's flush with the cartridge...
  2. Vaman77

Can this window be repaired

Just discovered rain is leaking through this window into the garage below.I have a picture of the rotted rail after I began digging and drilling out the rotted wood. I was thinking of first sealing it and then applying an epoxy filler to repair before calling a pro to replace the rail.Am...
  3. Vaman77

Quality A/C and Heating Brands

Our central A/C and gas heating systems are the original for our home;now 19 years old. I know they have lasted beyond their life expectancy so I am obtaining quotes from different contractors.My question is what are the better brands and what are the ones to avoid? The first contractor came by...
  4. Vaman77

Garage Door Opener The Saga Continues

I posted earlier about my 2 garage doors failing the safety reversal test and got some good insight from replies but still have questions. As I mentioned one opener is brand new;the other about 15 years old so I conclude the openers are not the problem and that it must be something with the...
  5. Vaman77

Garage Door Opener Spring/Trolley Nut

I just replaced my older chain drive garage door opener with a new belt drive. It works fine except for one thing.It fails the safety reversal test. It passes the the protector system test so I know the sensors are working. If I adjust the the down force the trolley moves to far and the opener...
  6. Vaman77

Attaching ferrule to plastic tubing

I'm replacing the faucet for our kitchen water filter. There is a 1/4 " line that connects to the house supply. The original line was installed by a plumber so this is my first experience with putting a ferrule on plastic tubing. Can someone tell me the secret? It's very tight which I k now it...
  7. Vaman77

Gas Water Heater-When To replace

I've posted other questions on this regarding my 18 year old bradford white water heater.Some responses indicate I should go ahead and replace it. I understand replacing it if the tank is leaking but if it's not why replace it. If it's no longer heating water then wouldn't that most likely be...
  8. Vaman77

This Old house rust in water

Was watching this old house this weekend. Homeowner had rust in bathtub water and was told it's time to replace the water heater. Is this really true? Our home is about 18 years with the original water heater. We rarely use the tub but whenever the water is turned on rust comes out. I never...
  9. Vaman77

Dril bit for steel sink

I am going to drill a hole in a stainless steel sink with a titanium step bit. I know I need to first drill a 1/8 " pilot hole. I have some bits on hand but they are not titanium. Do I will they work or should I just get some titanium bits while buying the step bit? Am guessing these will just...
  10. Vaman77

Bathroom Sink clevis spring clip

I just cleaned out a bathroom sink;cleaned the trap and the drain stopper. Got that problem fixed Now I can't figure the secret of getting the spring clip to keep the pivot rod attached to the clevis Advice is appreciated. thanks
  11. Vaman77

Bradford WhiteAnode Replacement

I have a Bradford white water heater that is about 18 years old. I have occasionally drained and am going to again. I thought I'd replace the anode this time. It has never been replaced. Is it worth it to do it now and am I asking for more trouble than it's worth? thanks
  12. Vaman77

Found leaking valve I think What next?

AS posted previously one zone runs constantly.Dug lawn from supply line and think I found the correct valve.(If it's leaking I assume water would flowing out of after I remove the solenoid?) I opened the valve and am wondering what exactly am I supposed to be cleaning. I see a white plastic...
  13. Vaman77

Locating Valves

I suspect my system has a stuck valve. I have a general idea where the valves are located but would like to minimize the chance of hitting the line. Any suggestions on how to find the valve box?Thanks
  14. Vaman77

Water Heater Anode

I want to replace the anode on our Bradford White gas water heater. It's one of those high efficiency models with the fan on top and vents out. How do you access the anode on these models?
  15. Vaman77

Putting hole in stainless steel sink

Our kitchen sink is stainless steel. I would like to drill a hole to attach a water filter faucet through. Any advice on how to do it without destroying the sink? Also what tools are required? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks