Search results

1. Kordts

new one on me

A coal burning power plant that I just got into called me. Their on-site sewage treatment plant was having problems. Long story short, the grey water goes under a baffle and into a 3" pipe to a water wheel where it gets sluiced over a bed of coal. They suspected the 3" pipe was full of leaves...
  2. Kordts

Top this

I was called in for an emergency today at one of the schools I take care of. A terrazo floor sink had a catastrophic leak and ruined a ceiling below it. I noticed the floor drain was just a baldy, not tied into the drain line. I trapped the floor drain and tied it into the drain line. It was...
  3. Kordts

Urinal rough in

I was just hired to fix a urinal rough at a local funeral home. It's actually about a block and a half from my house. The G.C. has a local hack plumber who roughed in the threads about 2" past the studwal. The funeral director hired me to fix the rough, and it's been at least 6 years since I...
  4. Kordts

Establishing a value for your business.

Has anyone bought or sold a service business lately? I am trying to find the value of my business and don't know where to start.
  5. Kordts

Terry's new look

Terry, is this the new you? Looking good, cuz.
  6. Kordts

American made RPZ?

I just finished up a job I started last year. The last phase included me installing some RPZ's. I was looking at my proposal and it stated all material will be American made. The architect had that in the prints, and I agreed to it. I installed a bunch of ball valves in the ceiling, last year...
  7. Kordts

KT-190 or KT-200

I am going to buy a pipe thawer, does anyone like one model over the other?
  8. Kordts

Is it any wonder I hate customers?

As most of you or may not know, Illinois has been in a deep freeze for about two weeks. I have been getting quite a few, not crazy amounts of freeze-up calls. One call, was for a toilet backing up into a tub. I get there today, after being off the last two days because of a bug my kid brought...
  9. Kordts

how much markup?

This is for my fellow contractors. What is your markup guide? A friend who was a hvac/plumbing contractor, all he does now is hvac, gave me his guide. unit cost per item multiplier less than 49.99 - 2.30 50.00 to 99.99 - 2.10 100.00 to 299.99 -...
  10. Kordts

bid/estimate templates for new construction

I am a service plumber, but have a couple people who want me to plumb their new houses. The problem is that the bank wants nice, professional looking documents. Does anybody have some templates or documents they can send me? Thanks, Jeff
  11. Kordts

bidet

How is a bidet anchored to the floor? I am subbing on a remodel and we are installing a bidet. I believe I need to stub up 1-1/2" pipe for the drain, but if there is no flange, what holds the bidet to the floor? Peace out, Kordts
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks