Search results

1. ChrisRice

Sewer Gas smell and bubbling toilet?

No septic, guess that'd been helpful first :)
  2. ChrisRice

Sewer Gas smell and bubbling toilet?

You all have been helpful in the past, so ill try again ;) This just started happening recently... I have a laundry room /bathroom in my basement. Recently (as in the last three Sundays..laundry day) when the washer drains the first time there's a sewer gas odor in the basement. The...
  3. ChrisRice

sagging cpvc line and UV question

Thanks. The joists are super close right there my drill/driver won't fit, I watched my dad put a nail in a tight spot like that but I don't want to try it as if it will be even harder to remove, and let's just say my hammering skills arent so good :). I get that uv and cpvc aren't friends what...
  4. ChrisRice

sagging cpvc line and UV question

I removed a ceiling tile in my basement the other day and noticed a section of cpvc, 1/2" about 8' long has a pretty good sag in it. I can see why whoever put it in didn't add a support as you can't get any hands in there. I think I could get one of those hook shaped hangers in there but I'm...
  5. ChrisRice

T&P dripping & pressure low

Thanks, that was the plan, though I'll have a plumber do it just to talk about some other things as well. So would the leaky t&p cause the pressure to drop? That's the part that seems odd to me, I didn't adjust the prv and im close to 10 psi lower than yesterday. Low pressure makes me feel...
  6. ChrisRice

T&P dripping & pressure low

Okay this is driving me crazy. I'm calling a plumber Monday but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts just because I'm trying to figure out whats wrong. This may be a windy post, so bear with me :) So last weekend I took a shower and noticed that the initial pressure was pretty high then...
  7. ChrisRice

Another clawfoot faucet question

So a big thanks to everyone who helped me with the faucet connections (compression vs mip). Every thing is hooked up and no leaks. Here's my question, I hooked all the supply lines up ran hot for a few cold for a few both for a few, all while occasionally turning on the diverter, I'm satisfied...
  8. ChrisRice

Clawfoot tub water supply - flex?

That's what I wanted to do initially just use a hose, problem is I've only found one with 3/4 on one end and 1/2 on the other and when I tried to order it there was a 70 day wait (maybe more), that was a month ago, so it should be approximately 40 days now, I was just trying to find a different...
  9. ChrisRice

That's where I found them when I did a search, thanks

That's where I found them when I did a search, thanks
  10. ChrisRice

Fantastic. Thanks for all the help! Anyone has a web design, home theater, or pc trouble shooting question I'm all yours!
  11. ChrisRice

I wouldn't have ruined the threads on the faucet threads by trying to put the wrong fitting on it would I?
  12. ChrisRice

Awesome, thanks Jerome. I had no idea there was a difference. I've found some of the couplings you mentioned Trey (don't want to post link for reasons you mentioned) do they make them not in an ell form? The only thing I've been able to find are ells. Not going to be picky about it just...
  13. ChrisRice

Nope it's a 3/4" MIP it had a compression fitting rigid supply line on both ends. I could go that route again (I assume) it's just there's a 99.9999999999999% chance those lines will get bumped pretty good which is what caused the last failure. Tub's old faucet looks relatively new.
  14. ChrisRice

I have a clawfoot tub in a basement. The old supply lines - well - let's just say the decided to not work anymore. Putting the compression rigid lines back in place seems like a bad idea as the tub is set up in a way where they're pretty easy to bump What I'd like to do is replace the rigid...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks