Search results

1. Dubldare

Recommend a thread sealant for this problem?

1) hope you have liability insurance. 2) don't use so much teflon tape, it will break fittings At best, the relief valve would only blow out and lodge in the poor customer's brain as he's filling the tank through that schrader valve. Take note, don't get cocky here. Some of us are...
  2. Dubldare

Can I use teflon tape instead of a dielectric union?

You're joking right? Those are dielectric nipples with heat-traps on that old rheem. Probably what helped it last this long.
  3. Dubldare

suggestion to Terry

+1 I've often wished that myself.
  4. Dubldare

Basic Soldering Dumb Question perhaps

I solder up the shower valves before the valve is mounted, usually just enough pipe and fittings to get me away from the wood. Sure, it burns up a few couplings but the wood doesn't get charred. I agree on those shut-offs. They are more of a liability if there is no access to them.
  5. Dubldare

Plan for 2nd Floor DWV

Weir of the trap has no bearing on horizontal venting height, only on distance of trap to vent, offsets before vent and tailpiece length. But on to what you meant. MN Plumbing Code: http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/bin/getpub.php?pubtype=RULE_CHAP&year=current&chapter=4715 While...
  6. Dubldare

contemporary p-trap odors?

MN says this about about traps (with emphasis added): http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/bin/getpub.php?pubtype=RULE_CHAP&year=current&chapter=4715
  7. Dubldare

Hot water won't stop coming out.

Pre-rinse sprayer? Mop faucet used as feed for chemical/soap dispenser?
  8. Dubldare

Can anyone tell me what the Heck this thing is?

I've seen several instances of storm drain piping in old homes. These were usually run from the base of the gutter downspouts, into the dwelling below grade and tieing into the sanitary through a running trap. The running trap prevented sewer odors from venting at the downspouts.
  9. Dubldare

My first Tankless install.....

Teeing off will reduce wait time for hot water, eg: Shaving before showering. Teeing off will also ease installation of a recirc in the future.
  10. Dubldare

Moen faucet repair ??

Neither have I, but I've looked through the clear plastic housing and saw it.
  11. Dubldare

Pipe freezers, are they worth getting?

I use a General freeze kit where I work, CO2 setup. Runs up to 2" steel. I always make sure I have 2 20# tanks full before I freeze. We bill out the CO2 and $100 for the kit. Depending on the application, the customer is always getting a deal on that.
  12. Dubldare

Moen faucet repair ??

The inner stem on the 1225 is half-mooned in the mixing stage of the stem, so there are no diagonal o-rings.
  13. Dubldare

oil fired water heater

Primary control, motor and transformer are the only potential problems. Check this site: http://www.bockwaterheaters.com/Products/oil_water_heaters.html Looks like the 32E or 33E would be your choice, depending on unit height.
  14. Dubldare

external drain stoppers for sinks w/o overflows?

If you haven't noticed, the newest (past 20 years or better) trends are to have the stopper within the vessel it serves. This serves to keep the vessel more sanitary. A vessel without an integral overflow is not meant to be used in conjunction with a stopper, at least in bathrooms.
  15. Dubldare

Gas Leak Detector

I use a TIF 8800A. I've had this model for ~6 years (and short of replacing the rechargeable batteries once, and a tip after it got messed up with rectorseal when I borrowed it to a co-worker), it has worked like a charm. I rely on this tool, and have much more faith in it than I do soap...
  16. Dubldare

Is this OK?

Unless your ejector is air operated, it is fine to tie in with the other vents.
  17. Dubldare

New Waterline Whoa's

Contact your water utility for a new tailpiece.
  18. Dubldare

3 easy questions!

How about vents? Or do you spend the big bucks and use vent 90's, lol.
  19. Dubldare

Is this OK?

I would add to the above with: Dump the closet (via san tee) into stack above the double combo for your horizontal branches. Being your horizontals are already vented, this will prevent potential siphonage of the closet.
  20. Dubldare

Vents

San tee on it's back is suitable for venting in MN. I've put in a few in ND, but I think they're just amazed at seeing a vent. :D
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks