Search results

1. James55

Question on floor drain for water heater

I'm not sure about Washington state codes either. I'm not a plumber, so would probably not understand the codes if I read them. Thanks though! I was looking at the setup and the TRP valve is facing 180 degrees away from where I would put the drain. That will make it harder to get this right.
  2. James55

Question on floor drain for water heater

I have to install a floor drain for a water heater that is located in a closet. Installing the drain is not a problem. My question has to do with how the water heater TPR valve drains. 1. Do I set it up so that the TPR valve drains into the water heater pan, and then have the water heater...
  3. James55

T & P valve and water heater noise

What's a T&P valve? So what's a T & P valvue? The pressure valve at the top of the tank? Or the drain below?? :confused:
  4. James55

Hot water comes out slooooowwwww!

That should do it! I never would have guessed! If I ever get all of this straightened out, I hope I NEVER have plumbing problems again. This is a great place to go though. Next up, painting the house! Please make it stop.... :D
  5. James55

Water softner Where would I put the water softner? In the water heater itself?? :confused:
  6. James55

Ok guys you won't believe this. My faucet is the kind that has one lever. I turned the hot water on in the morning and watched it. When the water got hot, the lever actually moved downwards. This made the water run more slowly. By pushing the lever backwards I increased the flow. I may...
  7. James55

I'll keep on trying! I was thinking that these faucets don't have washers at the time that I bought them. They are the kind with the on lever that you lean left or right for hot or cold water. I don't know why the water would slow down once it heats up, so figured it must have something to do...
  8. James55

Hi guys thanks for the response. I just changed sinks and faucets in my bathrooms about three months ago. I'm not sure whether the new faucets have washers or are washerless, but I can find out. Thanks for the tip. PS, I haven't drained my water heater in 18 years. I think that now is a...
  9. James55

My house and water heater are both 18 years old. For the past several years I have noticed that when I turn on the hot water faucet, cold water comes out for a little while, then when the hot water starts to flow, the water pressure seems to slow down by quite a bit. At this point, I have to...
  10. James55

Pressure Reducer Valve

Hi, OK, I shut off the water at the meter in the street. I opened up my Pressure Reducer Valve and cleaned the screen. It wasn't very dirty. Next, I purchased a pressure gauge and put it on the outside faucet to check my water pressure. It was a little low, so I turned the screw on my...
  11. James55

Pressure Reducer Valve

Thanks for the reply. The house is 18 years old, I bought it new. Since we first moved in and put in the pressure reducing valve, more houses have been built, which would account for some of the drop in pressure. Also, I did put in two new tubs (soldering is a pain). I turned the water off...
  12. James55

Pressure Reducer Valve

The water pressure in my house is kind of low. When I moved in 18 years ago, it was too high, and I had a pressure reducer valve installed. I'm thinking that I might need to adjust the valve to increase my water pressure. How do I do that? I'm also thinking that there may be other reasons...