Search results

1. Gator37

Secondary condensate drain installation

If you have an aux condensate drain pan under the indoor unit you can put a float switch that set so when detects a certain water level it will shut of the unit. This is in lieu of the aux drain to the outside.
  2. Gator37

HVAC System Recommendation?

Your architect should be familiar with the code minimum requirements for insulation thickness (or max U values) and should be able to give you some indication on the cost for construction using different composit materials for walls, ceiling, etc. (Not sure what codes SC uses.) The only way I...
  3. Gator37

HVAC System Recommendation?

I agree with Tom. You may consider calling your local Trane Rep and ask them what contractor sells Trane in your area. I would then check with the BBB in your area on the contractors you select. With the BBB you can usually find out if and how many complaints a business has on them. You would...
  4. Gator37

Heat pump compressor not running

Through disconnect switch shutting off power to the condenser unit. Test the compressor for open circuit and short wih ohm meter (ohms resistance not amps). Disconnects power leads on the compressor. Test acrossed the leads should get some reading verifying continuity (no reading results of an...
  5. Gator37

Supply line preference

I agree with Jad... I put in ~400 feet of PVC (not CPVC) to the house as service water (allowed by code) supply in 1987, deep enought not to freeze and never had a problem with it. The only question I would have is where was the plastic pipe stored before you purchase it. (in the sun, or...
  6. Gator37

Ventilation for a shower room with five showers

luc I am unfamiliar with the mechanical code requirements (shower/locker room, etc. exhaust) in your area but you might want to check the exhaust requirements just to make sure. Definitely need to exhaust in a location where the air exhausted does not get back into the attic. If you are...
  7. Gator37

Ventilation for a shower room with five showers

Not sure I understand the total question but you want to have the shower area under a negative pressure. Does your exhaust fan, exhaust to the outside? Where is the condensate forming?
  8. Gator37

Central heat causing $600 plus electric

Cookie said this earlier, but I would check or have verified that you are the only one on your meter and invest in an electric blanket. Looked like an older wood home and if real old it probably does not have any insulation in the walls, just guessing based on my experience with my mother in...
  9. Gator37

Chinese families

Terry Funny you mentioned your Chinese friend on another forum. My wife and I are pushing 70 now and about 4 years ago we were adopted as American parents and grand parents by a group of Chinese families that own a small chain of restaurants in AL. and LA. We have the grandkids ,who were...
  10. Gator37

help: a two-stage gas furnace problem

I agree with ballvalve. Get your serial number off the unit along with the part number of your board and the Trane store in your area should be able to help. You may be able to look it up on www.trane.com
  11. Gator37

Indoor humidity level

Normally in design you shoot for 50% RH, plus or minus 5%. Ideally, in reference to your change in RH, if you look at a psychrometric chart you can see that if you heat or cool sensibly (no moisture added or taken out just a change in dry bulb temperature (dbt)) you will see that the RH...
  12. Gator37

stack vents and roof vents-

I agree with Basement-Lurker. What they are worried about is pulling the odor into the inhabited area which would refer to HVAC ventilation intakes or makeup air.
  13. Gator37

stack vents and roof vents-

You are correct if what you show are for a toilet fan, dryer vent, or hood exhaust, the 10' rule does not apply. The rule would apply it they were intakes, but it does not look like it.
  14. Gator37

Section 305.6 Freezing

Sounds a little flakey to require insulation downstream or the traps.
  15. Gator37

3.5 ton evaporator

You should have some papers with the AHU that tell you what the static capibility of your AHU is at 1640 CFM. Typically they would look like .2" SP @ 1700 CFM, or .4" SP @ 1500 CFM, etc. and it is usually in a chart form. The static pressure (SP) listed in these charts is telling you what CFM...
  16. Gator37

Convert Mobile Home to Central Air; Have Central Heat

jadnashua is correct about sizing but if you get an estimate on a condenser, refrigerant lines, A coil and electric to your condenser plus a new heat/cool T-stat, you might want to consider a package unit, gas heating electric cooling with either propane or natural gas what ever is available...
  17. Gator37

Insulating square duct inside soffit

For the hole I would use a flat piece of metal from another piece of duct and attach it with 3/8" self taping metal screws. I would recommend using a mastic since over time the foil back tape may come deattached from what ever surface it is on. If you cannot attach the insulation directly to...
  18. Gator37

Insulating square duct inside soffit

For duct you could use duct board with stapled and taped joints or metal duct wrapped on internally insulated. If you are not used to working metal or do not have a metal duct fabrication company in your area I would recommend duct board. Typically there are a couple of cutting tools for duct...
  19. Gator37

Gas meter size vs. demand

For a natural gas meter, 245000 btuh total input is approximated as 245 CFH demand. (~1000btu per CF)
  20. Gator37

3 compartment sink draining problem with grease trap

If it has always worked like this you may want to visit the site http://www.jrsmith.com/products/inter/tech/td_sizing_inter.htm to check the size required and reference the results back to the IPC. You mentioned floor drain, I assume you are talking about floor sink. In either...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks