Search results

1. Runs with Bison

Had a leaker...

Newer home, installed new toilets to replace builder grade crap. 6th Toto toilet I've put in (one was a repeat for a warped tank that I had to return through supply house), one more to go tomorrow (7th) since it was a late order. Toto should give me a percentage on every move I do...they could...
  2. Runs with Bison

Recs for new Totos

I'm looking at some newer homes with poor Sterling or Koehler toilets (I'm dealing with some 2005/6 vintage ones now in a rental and they are some of the worst flushing toilets I've ever had...takes two flushes, holding down the handle on the first for about 4+ gals total to do the trick.) One...
  3. Runs with Bison

Non-ideal tankless application

I've done a relocation since my last time on the forum. While waiting for my home to sell, I've been in a smaller, older, much more expensive rental (lucky me) in a warm climate. Among this home's many problems is the water distribution in general, and the hot water in particular. From...
  4. Runs with Bison

Do sprinkler systems kill PRV's?

I'm wondering if the short life of the PRV's in my home plumbing is related to the sprinkler system. Unlike the previous homeowner that apparently thought he was growing corn, I only use the sprinklers during extended dry periods/drought...all of this summer unfortunately and now extending...
  5. Runs with Bison

Dishwasher draining question

We don't seem to have a forum for this, so I'm asking here in case someone has experience troubleshooting these. Appliance: Whirlpool DU1055 "Quiet Partner I" dishwasher (~5 years old, in home when purchased) Problem: While away on vacation for ~10 days the bottom of the washer slowly...
  6. Runs with Bison

Preventing stains above the water line

I know we've had some threads on the subject including ideas such as using wax or RainX to prevent fecal mat'l from sticking to the bowl above the water line--which then requires a brushing to remove. However, it occurs to me that there is a simpler way to prevent some of these stains: flush...
  7. Runs with Bison

New HVAC system observations

Background: I had my HVAC unit replaced this past December to take advantage of the tax credit, utility credits, and because I knew the AC was on its way out and the furnace was showing signs of needing some minor maintenance. I've been in this house for 3 years, but it was built in 1994. In...
  8. Runs with Bison

Chinese fixed their pipe threader for shower arms

It's been over a year since I ran into trouble with ALL of the replacement shower arms available in stores. They all had improperly cut pipe threads--looked like external rifling rather than a proper taper cut. They didn't seal at all. I kept watching for 6 months or so, but it was all the...
  9. Runs with Bison

Habitat ReStore for getting rid of old toilets

I "recycled" my old toilets today. If some of you are considering replacing an old toilet, and feel bad about disposing of the old one, this might be of interest to you. The Habitat for Humanity ReStore was happy to take the donation of my three 1994 Gerber 1.6 gpf toilets. I had cleaned...
  10. Runs with Bison

Toto SS204 Seat reviews?

Hi- I've got an Eco-Drake elongated, standard height on order but haven't decided on a seat for it. In a recent thread the Toto SS204 was recommended/shown as a soft close alternative to the standard Toto soft close. I have some experience with the standard Toto seat at my in-laws and don't...
  11. Runs with Bison

Delta shower valve performance curves?

Do any of you have access to/can point me in the direction of Delta shower mix valve performance curves? These are 1994 vintage, single knob, don't know the model number, but believe they are pressure balanced/compensating. I'm looking for pressure drop vs. flowrate for the valves. The...
  12. Runs with Bison

PRV troubleshooting...

Okay, I've got what I believe is a problem with the old Watts PRV in my home. It is still functioning and not leaking through to full supply pressure, but it can't seem to maintain dynamic pressure within reasonable range of the static pressure. As soon as I open even the slightest flow the...
  13. Runs with Bison

Yellow flame during cold tank start?

Upon completing my recent water heater gas thermostat replacement I watched the start up carefully from the floor peering into the window. Everything started up fine, pilot lit cleanly with a blue flame, and the burner lit cleanly with a nice blue flame. All appeared normal. The tank was...
  14. Runs with Bison

Eco Drake questions

Hi- I'm planning to change out some terrible 1994 vintage 1.6 gpf toilets with tiny water spots and miserable flush performance. (I've modified one to 2.7 gpf to get it to work reliably in the lowest level.) I wanted to try the Toto Eco Drake. I've used the Ultra Max and liked it although...
  15. Runs with Bison

Same thermostat on GE and Whirlpool gas WH?

Having unfortunately inherited a Whirlpool Flamelock gas water heater, I couldn't help but notice the very similar looking Unitrol gas valve/thermostat box on a GE today (knobs were a different color, didn't have time for close inspection.) This did not give me a warm fuzzy feeling since I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks