Search results

1. kboyette

Water Heater Leak - HELP!

by the way it is an A.O. Smith 50 Gal WH
  2. kboyette

Water Heater Leak - HELP!

So my water heater started leaking on Christmas morning... It is only 6 years old. After doing some investigating, I found that the cold water supply was the part leaking. Here's my question... If you look at the pictures below you will see a regulator valve (??) on the inlet side after the...
  3. kboyette

Irrigation Well Issues

By pressure-side are you talking about the discharge side? The pump itself does not have a plug or fitting for priming. I do not have a tank.
  4. kboyette

Irrigation Well Issues

Thanks Bob. Thanks everyone for suffering my questions. I have a couple more... 1) Should a sandpoint system lose prime? I would think not, but it always has. I have a self-priming pump so it does prime itself after about 3-4 minutes. 2) If the answer to #1 above is NO, then is it...
  5. kboyette

Irrigation Well Issues

Who sells 20' sections? HD or Lowes? or do I need to go to a plumbing supply place like Rite Flo?
  6. kboyette

Irrigation Well Issues

I think I am going to give my shallow system one more try. I think I'll wash each point out with my hose to make sure there is not a clogged screen on the points. I may replace my pipes, as well, I have regular sch 40 with inside couplings. This may be giving me quite a bit of friction loss. I...
  7. kboyette

Irrigation Well Issues

do you think adding a tank will help?
  8. kboyette

Irrigation Well Issues

I'm in Odessa, so not in the city limits, the hand watering doesnt affect me yet. I'm near Gunn Hwy & Van Dyke. I'd love to have some info on the water table out here. I have water, but I think the drought has really slowed the recovery rate for the well field. I can only pump effectively...
  9. kboyette

Drilling in Fl with PVC

as for the flow. it took 4 of the 4' sandpoints to get a flow rate of ~18 GPM. This will probably vary widely. Now with the drought the recovery rate of the area surrounding the points seem to be much slower.
  10. kboyette

Drilling in Fl with PVC

I did this with just a water hose. I needed 4 points to get enough water for my system. I connected a heavy duty 3/4" hose directly from the 1" municipal water source (not through a spigot)to a 3/4" pvc pipe with a jagged edge. I used the 3/4" pipe to jet down a 2-1/2" casing. It took about 2...
  11. kboyette

Irrigation Well Issues

Newbie here, please be gentle. So here is my story... Location: West Central Florida (Tampa area) I have a home on a half acre lawn that was originally hooked up to municipal water for everything including irrigation. About 2 years ago I installed a shallow sandpoint system with 4 points...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks