Search results

1. Speedbump

Cory the Well Driller

Given the furor about "Joe the plumber" I've written an open letter to Mr. Obama myself. I think it is worth the read. Maybe if Americans could take a closer look at what a small businessman is, they wouldn't want politicians penalizing their success. Feel free to forward it if you want...
  2. Speedbump

Hand Driving a Shallow Well

Hand Driven Wells Many questions have been asked on Forums about how to install a 1-1/4” or 2” well. There are many pictures and volumes of answers on the Internet on how to accomplish this task. Some are very informative and some are not. Many I have seen use methods that are contradictory to...
  3. Speedbump

Getting zapped by DC Voltage

From another Thread, Jimbo said the above. I know DC Voltage can come get you, but I'm wondering about something. I recently got shocked unhooking Coax from a Receiver at my Repeater site for Ham Radio. The Receiver has a small pig tail that the Coax plugs into. I had one piece in each hand...
  4. Speedbump

Radio Frequency Interference

For those who are interested in Variable Speed Pumps, I thought this might be something worth reading. I am an Amateur Radio Operator and frequent this Forum. I had forgotten about this thread until I got a notice that some had resurrected it. The information is pretty interesting about...
  5. Speedbump

Sand Point Question

An Engineer told you that! Maybe he should have told you how to drill this sand point well too. If he is a soils Engineer, how did he even know how there was water available under your cabin? There are places you can get a shallow well and there are places you cannot. There are also places...
  6. Speedbump

delayed action

The items in the control box either work or they don't. They don't act intermittantly. What makes you think the pump isn't running when the switch points close? bob...
  7. Speedbump

Another satisfied customer!

Here's one I got today in my e-mail. Last name left out purposly. The above was in the Subject of the email. It was a CSV1/60.
  8. Speedbump

Tailpipe?

Any comments on this piece from the National Driller? I had to cut it in two to make it fit.
  9. Speedbump

Is it a full moon?

I had an internet customer who read the Franklin Book from cover to cover. (according to him) He tells me that I sent him the wrong wire. He bought a 1.5hp 20 gallon per minute two wire submersible and so many feet of 12-2/with ground. He called today giving my assistant a ration of crap...
  10. Speedbump

Warning!!!

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE! Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form...
  11. Speedbump

Has anyone seen this pump?

A customer wrote me an email asking if I knew what this pump is or if I knew anything about it. This is his email:
  12. Speedbump

The real recieved from Happy Customer

I recieved this e-mail today from an internet customer.
  13. Speedbump

Zoeller pump help

Can anyone tell me what a Zoeller E-295 is, what is pumps in volume, head etc. Is it a grinder, vortec, two vane? Thanks, bob...
  14. Speedbump

Check Valves in feed lines.

Here is an article that was published in the National Driller magazine. It was written by Robert Pelikan in the Tech Topics section. He has been writing articles for many years and is very informative. This article starts out with an error in judgement he made last month about check valves in...
  15. Speedbump

is on a distinguished road???

Terry, When I hover my mouse pointer over the little green square under anybody's number of posts on the top right hand corner of their post. A balloon comes up saying "X is on a distinguished road". Now I have to ask; what in the world does that mean??? bob...
  16. Speedbump

Bad flush w/no vent

I brought this problem up here before. Since every one says a toilet won't work without a vent. I will agree. However the toilet does flush sometimes quite well. The floor the toilet sits on is 8" of concrete. I've been there with a jackhammer in the past. There is no way to install a vent...
  17. Speedbump

Cell phone address backup

I just found this cute little gadget in a techie magazine. I thought some of you might want to check it out. It will back up any cell phones address book and restore to any phone. Backup-Pal bob...
  18. Speedbump

The check valve discussion.

Shack, So they recommend putting it up 20 to 40 feet. That's weird. It would seem to me if you install a check valve above a pump 20, 40 feet, the pump shuts off, a vacuum is created by the water falling down to the water level or as far as it can. Then on comes the power and wham, the...
  19. Speedbump

Why was the shotzie988 thread closed?

I want to know why the shotzie988 thread was closed? Subject: "Need help with well pump" I had something else to say. Like who is Sam? And what would putting in a new tank have to do with anything? I feel violated.:confused: bob...
  20. Speedbump

Toto in high water areas

Hi all, I am usually down in the pumps forum fielding questions. I am not a plumber by any stretch so I have a toilet question. In my pool house (seperate from the main house) the septic tank is a blocked up hole in the ground covered with concrete. It only services the one toilet and a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks