The real recieved from Happy Customer

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
I recieved this e-mail today from an internet customer.

Hey Bob,

Just wanted to thank you for the help with our new pump & CSV valve, showers are a good thing again.
& even doing dishes is easier now!

Included a pic of our pump/CSV just for fun.

Thanks again!
Lee

Attachments

• LeeCSV.jpg
    LeeCSV.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 279
R

Rancher

That's awsome, Rube would be proud.

But I'm confused... doing dishes? Isn't that's what dishwashers are for?

Rancher

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
The system does look nice.

It would be interesting to see the how the flow/head characteristic and power consumption of a 1.5 HP jet pump with a "tricked" injector and CSV compare with a pump of the more usual size for household use.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'll leave that up to you Bob, your far better at that sort of thing than I am. I just know it works good and gives the desired effect at the faucets. When working with a jet instead of a submersible, you have to be creative.

bob...

R

Rancher

Bob NH said:
It would be interesting to see the how the flow/head characteristic and power consumption of a 1.5 HP jet pump with a "tricked" injector and CSV compare with a pump of the more usual size for household use.
As I told speedbump on his site, of course it works better now that he's put in a CSV... of course he also went from a normal non-tricked 1/2 HP jet to this monster.

Rancher

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
speedbump said:
I'll leave that up to you Bob, your far better at that sort of thing than I am. I just know it works good and gives the desired effect at the faucets. When working with a jet instead of a submersible, you have to be creative.

bob...
I thought since you apparently sold the pump and maybe other parts of the system, you might be able to furnish the characteristics. If one knew the pump characteristics, pressure switch settings, and the size of the tank, it would be possible to compare it with a more standard system. Without those characteristics, there is no way to do a comparison.

As you are aware, jet pumps don't drop off in kW as much as submersibles when they are throttled, becuase much of the flow is through the jet even when there is little discharge.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I can post a chart of the pumps abilities at differing pressures and lifts, but all I know about the tank is what you see in the picture. It looks very much like a Flotec somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 60 gallon equivalent. He is pulling out of an aerator so there is no lift. The switch is set at around 50/70. Here is the test we did on the pump with a CSV1Z and a 42 gallon bladder tank with a 5.9 gallon drawdown. The amps dropped by a third on this pump.

Attachments

• CSVSFH150.jpg
    CSVSFH150.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 247
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks