Search results

1. Dhoerl

Tankless + Electric-under-counter-heater requires expansion tank?

I just moved into a new house where the master bath is far away from the tankless Rinnai heater. It takes 1 min to get water to the shower and 2+ to the sinks (assuming shower off). I recently discovered that Bosch and others make small 2-4 gallon water heaters that inside the cabinet (under the...
  2. Dhoerl

12+ Year Old Electric Water Heater Rattles when water runs

GE Profile Performance 50 gallon water heater, was installed prior to taking possession of the home.Serves a basement apartment that gets less than a full family use. Recently noticed a rattle when the water runs, stops immediately when the water stops flowing. Rattles when a faucet is opened...
  3. Dhoerl

Toilet bowl trap plug?

I've got a toilet with a water ring - actually a ring of lime. What I'd like to do is plug the trap, so I can get the water level above the trap and pour in a gallon of vinegar. Is there a trap plug I can buy? Or should I just get a large spongey material and stuff it in a plastic bag...
  4. Dhoerl

TOTO CST624CEFG frequent clogs in NYC

My small company has two lavatories in their 8-th floor office in NYC. Each has a TOTO CST624CEFG. These lavatories experience almost continuous use during office hours. About once a week there is a serious clog, and some volunteer has to come forward to unclog it (seems the young people of...
  5. Dhoerl

Loosen clogged Delta shower handle set screw?

I inherited a shower stall with a Delta shower temperature control handle installed up-side-down. That is, when the control is set for normal temperature, the set screw hole is facing up instead of down (a condition I unfortunately see in many places). Over time, soap and water has dried in the...
  6. Dhoerl

Square sewage ejector basin?

A 22" diameter circular basin is too big for my application. I would love to find a 18" x 30" square basin. If anyone knows of such a beast I'd love to know. Its for a basement bathroom (shower, toilet, sink). As a component in a complete system works too! Thanks! David
  7. Dhoerl

Gas line pipe too small?

The gas company (natural gas) just replaced a 30 year old meter with a new one - the location is quite out of the way, so I took a good look at it after the installer left. I really don't remember the old setup. What I see now is that on the outlet side of the meter - the low pressure side -...
  8. Dhoerl

ASSE 1016/1017 issue with bath hot water

My NJ plumbing inspector just told me I need to have a ASSE 1016 mixing valve on my new whirlpool tub hot water line. I just spend a lot of time and effort to get 3/4" high flow lines into the bathroom so I could fill the tub quickly, and those mixing valve severely limit the flow. It looks...
  9. Dhoerl

Leaking pan - how to locate source?

I had a new home built that was finished in 2001, with a large 2-person shower (5' x 6', tiled). The shower pan was a rubber mat and laid directly on the plywood subfloor, with one 3" glued seam. Tapered mortar was laid over it, then the tile (I now know this was not the best way to do this)...
  10. Dhoerl

Toto wall mount toilet or other option

Toto has a commercial toilet the CT708V. I have space behind my bathroom wall (a closet) that I could put a remote tank in. Is there some way to do this (as a non-plumber have no idea how these commercial units work). The other wall mount toilets I know of from Terry's recommended list don't...
  11. Dhoerl

Proper System Design for Well Water Systems

I just bought my first house with a well. While the water tastes great, it appears that the flow to the bath tubs leaves a lot to be desired. I'd like to add a whirlpool tub in the house soon, so I am keeping this in mind (need about 80 gallons for the model I am looking at.) Now, the house...
  12. Dhoerl

Looking for an attractive cold water only bar faucet

I'm installing a "coffee bar" in my Master Bedroom. A little vanity with a sink and just cold water - I had this in my old house (with an unused hot water line), and as I have to run a far amount of pipe I see absolutely no reason to run a second hot water line. Thus, my question - is there...
  13. Dhoerl

Rear Discharge or Wall Mount?

I am installing a basement toilet in an older house. Would you recommend a rear-discharge or a wall mount toilet? Pros and cons? David
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks