Toilet bowl trap plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dhoerl

Reaction score
I've got a toilet with a water ring - actually a ring of lime. What I'd like to do is plug the trap, so I can get the water level above the trap and pour in a gallon of vinegar.

Is there a trap plug I can buy? Or should I just get a large spongey material and stuff it in a plastic bag?

Suggestions more welcome!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The shape and size of a toilet trap is not standard, so you probably won't find a commercially available plug for one.

One thing you might try is a balloon. A long one. Cheap, and if it doesn't work, use them at the next birthday party!

Dhoerl

Reaction score
The shape and size of a toilet trap is not standard, so you probably won't find a commercially available plug for one.

One thing you might try is a balloon. A long one. Cheap, and if it doesn't work, use them at the next birthday party!
Great idea! Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks