Search results

1. MG

Mark - Those Pipes Shaking Today?

I know here in the STL area we felt the shaking...I bet Indy did too!
  2. MG

Door From Garage to Outside - Code Question

Just curious - my next project is replacing the door from the garage to the outside, and I've noticed that all the ones I see locally have windows in them. Is this a building code item?
  3. MG

Toilet Bolt Washers...Why So Small?

While re-installing the old toilet in the smaller bathroom we have after installing a new floor covering, I noticed that the washers included with toilet bolts are ridiculously small given the opening they have to cover. They end up bending a bit into the hole. Why are they so small? They...
  4. MG

Double Sanitary Tee or Double Wye?

Last night I was having trouble figuring out how I will fit in all the fittings necessary for the CI removal project I have. Part of the problem is near the same point in the run I need to get a toilet and sump pump drain fitting in. Today the brainstorm arrived and its in the form of either a...
  5. MG

Two Way Cleanout - Ok?

Are two way cleanouts acceptable with the cleanout / side inlet on the horizontal instead of the vertical? I'm replacing a horizontal run and the current cleanout is almost inaccessible; If I can put it in a more accessible spot and use the two way that would work a lot better. I've attached...
  6. MG

Riser Clamps

I'm installing one of these in the attic as part of the upcoming repair job - how tight do you get the bolts on these? Should I use a torque wrench? Clamp is going on 4" CI.
  7. MG

Wye Combo / Wye Questions

vertical to horizontal, wye In an earlier thread this was posted - is this acceptable to attach the outlet end to a horizontal run? Can a cleanout go on the back end of this fitting? Can a wye be laid on its side similar to a sanitary tee in a horizontal run similar to this so the end...
  8. MG

Copper Bond Epoxy - Opinions?

I am close to finishing our bathroom remodel and need to install new shutoffs for the hot / cold water at the sink. I have room to sweat fittings on here but I've been seeing / reading some about epoxy for copper. Anyone use this? Its supposed to be good under pressure and ok for potable water.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks