Search results

1. H

Unusual Pressure Drop on Higher Demand

Hi, Thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions pertaining to my situation. At this point I think I will just double check with my well contractor and if he is in agreement then I'll have my plumber come in and remove the check valve and shut off that is before the pressure tank, as...
  2. H

Gary, Thanks for your feedback, apparently from the responses I have had so far anything that is between my well pump and my pressure tank could be the problem and considering there are only two things (a shut off valve and a check valve) then I would think sand in the check valve might be a...
  3. H

P.S. I was just told by a plumber friend tonight that sand "can" definatley build up in a check valve if I have had a problem with sand coming into the sytsem in the past and also with the shut off washer as well (just as Gary said could be a possibility). In his opinion having a shut off...
  4. H

Hi, Before I pay a plumber to come in and remove the shut-off and check valve installed "before" the pressure tank, I thought I should attach some pictures of what I have in my crawlspace so you can see the set-up first hand (hopefully I have attached the photos properly). The in-line...
  5. H

Thanks for your replies. I have now checked my pressure tank with an accurate guage and it is at 38 lbs. I am able to bypass my in-line "whole house" filter completely and tried that but still no difference. Given hj's comment the only thing that is installed between the pump and the...
  6. H

Bob, I apologize if what I am stating is not making sense. I have a contractor who looks after my well for me who is very good but unfortunately I live in a very remote area and he has to travel quite a distance to help me. I try to assist he and his crew when they have to do work on the well...
  7. H

Thanks for the replies. My new pump is exactly the same as my old pump so there is no change with the GPM rating. There is no sand coming through the system now and none since the new pump was installed about two weeks ago. For the first 5 years I never had sand come through the system...
  8. H

Hello, I am having some challenges with my water pressure when I am demanding a higher amount of water. I have always been able to run 2 garden hoses at the same time with excellent water pressure and since recently installing a new pump (same kind as before) this has changed. I offer the...