Search results

1. pitteach

Furnace will not light.

I have a Lennox 75k Btu 90+ furnace that will not light. (Approx 15 yrs old) This is the first attempt of the season. Here's what I've got: Turn on tstat and call for heat. Exhaust blower kicks on. After a few seconds, the intermittent ignitor starts firing. It keeps firing for almost a...
  2. pitteach

Pex vs copper. Which stands up better to cold?

I am re-plumbing a ground floor bathroom with 2 walls that are shared with the garage. I do need to run 1/2" h/c supplies through these walls and I am not sure if I should use pex or copper. The walls are 2 x 6 with fiberglass insulation. The supplies will be wrapped in foam jackets and foam...
  3. pitteach

Heil furnace blowing fuse on board

I have a 5 yr old Heil forced air 75k btu, 92% furnace that is blowing the 5 amp fuse on the control board. There is a low humming sound coming from the board and the transformer is warm, but when I install a new fuse and throw on the power, it pops immediately. This happens wether or not the...
  4. pitteach

Mechanical Damper or not?

I am replacing a 40 gal gas water heater. The current tank has a standing pilot that has a mechanical damper hooked up to the flue. The flue comes off the tank with 3" for about 2' and then opens up to the 4" metal stack that runs through a chase in the first floor, to the attic and out the...
  5. pitteach

furnace-no ignition

I have a Lennox G26Q3-75-1 that will not ignite. With a call for heat, the combustion blower runs contiuously and that's it. The igniter does not come on and I suspect that the gas valve is not opening. The blower motor operates on the fan only mode from the thermostat. The honeywell...
  6. pitteach

Oversized furnace?

I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new Heil 100k 92% 2 stage natural gas furnace for an unbeatable price. The house is in Buffalo, NY, 40 yrs old, 2 story, 1800sq ft plus a finished basement, new LOe 3 windows, 8-9 ft ceilings, marginal insulation in walls and attic. I know that a...
  7. pitteach

New bath- slow tub drain

I have a new 5' jet tub with all new plumbing from tub to basement that seems to drain slow. I get about an inch of water about a foot around the drain when showering, and full bath takes a long time to drain. The tub drains into a 2" trap into a 2" line that runs 4' under the tub and...
  8. pitteach

Anyone used this dryer vent?

I'm installing a 2nd floor gas dryer and running the vent out a wall. This tends to be a prevailing wind side of the house. I'm trying to avoid outside air infiltration and the vent damper constantly flapping with the wind. My concern with this thing is that it might clog with lint. Tell me...
  9. pitteach

Whirlpool Wiring

I am preparing to wire a whirlpool tub (no heater, 1/2 hp) and I have a couple of questions: 1. The instructions call for a dedicated 12/2 feed which is what I will do. Can I use regular romex under the tub or should I use an exterior type in case of wetness? 2. GFI: Should I use a...
  10. pitteach

dryer vent between joists?

I'm installing a stacked washer/gas dryer on the second floor. The units will sit in a closet that is about 4 feet from an exterior wall. I would like to run 4" rigid pipe down through the floor and turn to run parallel between the floor joists and exit through a rim board between the 1st and...
  11. pitteach

dryer vent termination

I am installing a stacked washer/dryer in a closet on the 2nd floor. I need some ideas for running the 4" vent. The closet does not sit on an exterior wall, but about 6 feet in. The ceiling is cathedral. Ideally, I'd like to go out through the roof since it would be a straight 4 ft run...
  12. pitteach

Setting a tub.

I'm creating a 2nd floor bathroom and I'm ready to set the tub. It is a 5' x 42" acrylic whirlpool with a accessible front skirt. The tub sits on 4 legs and I plan to set it in light plaster (structolite). Questions: Should i set the tub directly on the 3/4" subfloor or on an added 1/2"...
  13. pitteach

pex insulate/water hammer?

I'm running pex to a new upstairs bathroom. I'm hearing mixed things on this so I want to be sure. Do I need to insulate the hot runs to prevent heat loss? And do I need arrestors at the fixtures (including laundry) or will proper securing do the trick? Also, what is the best way to stub out...
  14. pitteach

whirlpool pvc leaking

I have a new whirlpool tub that I am installing in an upstairs bath. I tested the tub for operation outside before I brought it up. I am getting a leak at the where the high pressure 1" line connects to the jet nozzle on the back side of the tub. It is a small leak at the joint where the glue...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks