Search results

1. DrewAltemara

Gas Light Installation - Running Vertical Gas line in Outside Wall

Thanks gentlemen, I'm going to remove the outside electric light this weekend and see if I can fish some hard wire down to the bottom of the crawl spave to see if I get any blockage. If I meet with success I would have the local gas company install it who would be aware of the codes...
  2. DrewAltemara

Gas Light Installation - Running Vertical Gas line in Outside Wall

We are contemplating replacing the electric outside wall mounted lights on either side of the door with gas lights. There is no way to run the gas lines from the inside as one side has kitchen cabinets behind it and the other is bathroom tile. However, we are on a peir and beam foundation and...
  3. DrewAltemara

Toilet Fill Pipe Removal Through Wall?

Thanks Gentlemen, I know what to look for now. All good comments. Will tackle tomorrow. Drew Altemara
  4. DrewAltemara

Toilet Fill Pipe Removal Through Wall?

We are switching out bathroom fixtures from brass to brushed chrome. One of the small items we would like to change is the small pipe coming out of the wall, which is tiled, that goes to the small valve then rubber hose line that feeds water to the toilet. Is this pipe screwed in like a...
  5. DrewAltemara

Replacing Shower Faucet

Great to hear and know. I saved all my receipts when we remodeled 15 years ago with the "brass look". I'll have to look up the model number. Thanks, Drew Altemara
  6. DrewAltemara

Replacing Tub Drain Collar

Great, I thought so but wanted confirmation from someone who knows. Thank you very much. Drew Altemara
  7. DrewAltemara

Replacing Tub Drain Collar

We are doing some bathroom remodeling. One of the projects is switching the plumming fixtures from brass to the newer brushed chrome look. Our fiberglass jacuzzi style tub has a brass collar drain and "push to close" plug that we want to replace. Can this be removed from the "top of the...
  8. DrewAltemara

Replacing Shower Faucet

Thanks gentlemen. That is what I thought. I am going to see if I can find some "silver handles" that fit. Regards, Drew Altemara
  9. DrewAltemara

Replacing Shower Faucet

We have two brass faucets in the shower that control hot and cold water that were installed about 15 years ago. These are in a tiled shower. How hard is it to replace these old faucets with new ones without tearing out the tile? We are wanting to go to the brush nickle look. I believe...
  10. DrewAltemara

Installing New Kitchen Faucet and Spout without Sprayer

We recently purchesed a new Kohler kitchen faucet and Spout. The valves/faucets (2) are seperate from the spout. There is a place to hook up the hot, cold and sprayer line to the bottom of the spout. We do not wish to hook up the sprayer as the hole in the sink is being used for a reverse...
  11. DrewAltemara

Water Hammer

Well, this made me think, one way to examine this is to partially shut the valve to restrict flow and then observe water hammer. And then open it up to "full throttle" and see what happens. We may have to experiment a little and report. Comments/Suggestions? Drew Altemara
  12. DrewAltemara

Water Hammer

Thank you Plumber1. The problem is that the pipe is in a wall which is why I was asking about restricting flow to the toilet.
  13. DrewAltemara

Water Hammer

Ever since we installed a new toilet we have been experiencing water hammer in another part of the house when we flush. I understand water hammer is the rattling in the pipes as water pass through them. I believe that the new toilet has just enough increased flow when replenishing the bowl...
  14. DrewAltemara

Partial Sewer Line Install Using Sanitary Tee

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I can't disagree with your recommendation. However, since I am probably going to do this myself there is a big difference in ditch witching down 4 feet vs. using a back hoe to dig down 8 feet. The first is a do-it-yourself job the other is a...
  15. DrewAltemara

Partial Sewer Line Install Using Sanitary Tee

My sewer line runs about 75 feet to the street. My cleanout is 50 feet from the house; 25 feet from the street. The sewer line exits the house about 1 foot under ground,the cleanout is about 8 feet deep and at street level we are probably about 12 feet deep. The line between the house and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks