Search results

1. Well Newbie

Pump stopped working

I don't know how you can get water but if the water is not making it to the pump, turn off the power. If the pump runs dry, you can damage it by turning on the breaker. If you can hear the pump humming, it's running without water. Is the pump blowing the breaker? Happy New Year! :eek:
  2. Well Newbie

Pump Switch Problem

Yes, exactly. Will I be able to get a refund for my pump? My wife took my old pump to the supply store and they gave her a different design.
  3. Well Newbie

Pump Switch Problem

It's a plastic sewage system from Home Depot which cost under $500. Pump worked for 3yrs. The problem is the shape of the unit. I need to get a pump that turns on at a low level with the up/down switch attached. Any suggestions? Thanks
  4. Well Newbie

Pump Switch Problem

I bought a pump that has a different type of switch than my old one. My original pump had a switch attached to the pump. The switch actuator went up and down detecting water level. The new pump came with a floating switch. I don't have the room to operate the mercury floating switch properly. I...
  5. Well Newbie

Raising Toilet Water Level

There's a problem because the water level does not even make it out of the hole in the bowl sometimes. Even the shaved cut out at the bottom that goes into the hole is not covered with water sometimes. If memory serves me, this problem began after I replaced the round ring underneath. I had no...
  6. Well Newbie

I poured water from a bucket into the bowl and it just flushed down and didn't raise the water level? :eek:
  7. Well Newbie

No water comes out of the blue valve that you say is missing the hose. The tank water level is well below the overflow pipe, I raised it manually by pushing down on the float. It flushes fine, but very little water inside the toilet bowl. :confused:
  8. Well Newbie

When the tank is full and I push down on the float, water runs into the pipe, but does not fill the bowl. :eek: Picture is of a Toto Carusoe tank. The fill valve does not have a hose that fills the bowl. The outlet for a hose on this fill valve is plugged at the factory. When flushed...
  9. Well Newbie

There's a little valve and nothing is coming out of it and the tank fills up. There's no hose from the valve to the pipe. Even when I hold down the float to raise the water for constant water feed into the pipe, the bowl does not fill up? Could it be leaking? My bowl sits on top of one of those...
  10. Well Newbie

After I flush the toilet, the water level drains leaving very little water in the bowl. When I use the toilet, I constantly have to clean the toilet walls because the waste lands on the walls instead of water. It seems like this problem started when replacing the round ring under the toilet a...
  11. Well Newbie

Oops! This should have been posted in toilet forum. Can a mod move it for me? Thanks
  12. Well Newbie

After I flush the toilet, the water level drains leaving very little water in the bowl. When I use the toilet, I constantly have to clean the toilet walls because the waste lands on the walls instead of water. It seems like this problem started when replacing the round ring under the toilet a...
  13. Well Newbie

Pump Installation Problem

Is it ok to have the (pump room) vent pipe always under water even after the pump has discharged? It seems that the vent is too low to the ground in the sewage room? Thanks
  14. Well Newbie

Thanks, but now I have another question! Should the 4" vent in the sewage room be underwater as well? Cause the plumber who installed it initially left the vent pipe below waste level. Thanks, I'm trying to get this done tonight. I have the saw out and ready to cut the vent pipe but I...
  15. Well Newbie

I'm installing a new sewage pump and I noticed a round venting hole in the old pipe at the connection to the pump. Does the pump exit pipe need venting? The unit that the pump sits in has a 4" vent already. Should the hole in the exit pipe be above or below the water level? It seems that the...
  16. Well Newbie

Toilet waste pump problem

I had my wife post earlier hoping for feedback about this pump we bought cause I couldn't find a Zoeller pump as Cass suggested. Oh well, I hope it's a decent brand cause now I'm ready to install it. By the way, the bad pump was BUR-CAM. I'm gonna try to install the pump now. It has a...
  17. Well Newbie

I bought a little giant 9S series 4/10 HP automatic submersible wastewater sewage pump for $315.00. Is it a reliable brand/model? and was it a good price?
  18. Well Newbie

I can shut the lid on the unit and turn on the pump. I noticed that there is water falling back into the same pipe that the pump uses for exit. The sink drain from upstairs has back flow into the pump exit pipe. Is it ok to have the exit pipe always full of water? Is 1/2 HP enough to push...
  19. Well Newbie

The pump came inside a complete unit which I bought at home depot about 3 years ago. I had a plumber dig a hole and put the unit under the toilet. Behind closet doors, I have access to the unit. Now I removed the pump from inside the unit, but there's alot of water inside the plastic unit. The...
  20. Well Newbie

I will go and check the pump brand after lunch. In the meantime, I have another question. The water level in the reservoir has been raising and the vent pipe is under water. Will I need to remove some water to clear the vent pipe before installing the new pump? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks