Search results

1. C

Diagnosing the issue. Control box, breaker, or pump?

Thank you for the information about cycle stop valves. In my situation, I have one installed. The company I referred to as "my well guy" routinely installs cycle stop valves on their residential wells. So do you think that the 10 years figure for capacitor life must be a figure someone pulled...
  2. C

Diagnosing the issue. Control box, breaker, or pump?

If you have a good multimeter that measures capacitance , open up the box and test the capacitors and also the relay. If it is a 3 wire well pump, there will be two capacitors, one start and one run. I recently had a problem, found both capacitors were way out of spec, and replaced both of them...
  3. C

Powered anode rod and calcium deposits.

Thanks for the responses, Considering it some more, I am just going to go with regularly replacing the aluminum anode rod, and maybe scheduling it to do every 6 month instead of every year. And as suggested, start to suction out the tank base and replace the elements regularly as well. For me it...
  4. C

Thank you. I have watched and read the advertising stuff. I was looking for a scientific explanation. Something more than Corro-Protec’s explanation that it “destabilizes the calcium molecule.” I am just assuming right now that if calcium compounds in incoming water are not deposited on the...
  5. C

80 gallon AO Smith residential electric water heater and well water. The water heater is 9 years old. Starting with year 2 I have replaced the anode rod religiously every year and flushed the tank. Each year the removed aluminum rod is completely encrusted with heavy calcium deposits that even...
  6. C

Deep Well Submersed Pump cycles 30 sec on/2 min off (240v on pump throughout cycle) repeating until pressure switch limit (60psi) is reached

I am talking about a water well with a three wire submersible pump. Pressure switch sends power to a control box. The control box has a start capacitor and a run capacitor and relay. Startup power initially goes to well pump through the start capacitor and then the relay routes well pump power...
  7. C

Deep Well Submersed Pump cycles 30 sec on/2 min off (240v on pump throughout cycle) repeating until pressure switch limit (60psi) is reached

Two thoughts: 1. Failed run capacitor in well control box. 2. Faulty control box relay not making the switch from start capacitor to run capacitor.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks