Search results

1. R

Tying in a washer drain into existing drain

Would just adding a AAV to the washer line work? If I has to delete that extra "floor drain", I could probably cap that and install the washer drain low enough that the pvc A/C drip line could drip into tthe washer drain. So is the issue just that the washer line isn't vented, or is it more...
  2. R

Would that be a big deal if the floor drain got sucked dry if it's just for a slow drip of the a/c? What would be a better install? I thought of putting the washer drain Ptrap in the wall going into a T with an AAV above it but didn't know if that was necessary since I'd think there should be...
  3. R

Hello, I am making a 1 bedroom apartment in my basement and want to put in one of those small stacked washer/dryer combos so I'm trying to figure out how to drain the washer. In the small HVAC closet, there is a 2" drain in the floor that the A/C drip line drips into (I'll include a photo). I...
  4. R

Plumbing questions for basement apartment.

Sorry guys, I didn't get an email notifying of any posts. I appreciate you chiming in. Let me clarify that I don't know what the original plumber (15 years ago) had in mind when they did what they did down there. I took some quick measurements and snapped some photos but didn't have time to...
  5. R

Plumbing questions for basement apartment.

We are wanting to finish off an apartment in the walkout basement of a condo we are buying so my kids have a place to stay. There is already a finished bedroom down there and room for a bathroom/kitchen/etc. I'm definitely no pro, but I've done a fair amount of remodeling and conversions on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks