Search results

1. cavalierchamp

Replace Cast Iron Drain Fitting?

Here’s where I’m at — hopefully it’s in the ballpark! Thanks for the help gents!!
  2. cavalierchamp

EDIT >> nevermind I thought my last reply didn't actually post.... Thanks for the suggestion, belt and suspenders never hurts!
  3. cavalierchamp

The section of pipe I need to cut turns out to be steel, and it actually jogs over to the main stack about 3 feet above where I need to cut it... Given that there's a 90 degree fitting in the wall a few feet above, do you think I still need to support the weight of the pipe? (Right now as you...
  4. cavalierchamp

Can anyone weigh in on this brand of Fernco no-hub couplings? The neoprene seems a bit thin but then again I suppose the metal shielding provides the structural support. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fernco-Proflex-2-in-Neoprene-Shielded-Coupling-P3000-22/100372285 Just wanna make sure I don't...
  5. cavalierchamp

Thanks for the suggestion! The deposits do have an orange/yellow tone but we have high mineral content in the water here so I think it could be mineral deposits from a seeping leak. There’s no leakage from the TOP of the sanitary tee (where the galvanized pipe inserts). The orange-yellow...
  6. cavalierchamp

Terry Love- cancer update

Very sad to come across this post and hear of Terry's passing. One only needs to browse through a few threads on this message board to see what a kind, wonderful human being Terry was. I'm going to poke around and look for a donation link to help fund continued hosting of this board. May God...
  7. cavalierchamp

Does this cast iron drain fitting look rusted through to ya'll? The oxidation seems to be in a dripping shape, which suggests to me there's a leak and I should fix while I have the wall open during bathroom remodel. If so, what's the proper repair? Cut out the iron fitting and replace with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks