Search results

1. M

2.5 baths from a clean slate

I see where you're coming from. I drew it as the two sections of 3" to be on top of one another so SH3 could come directly into the side. Caveat of the perspective I'm using. Your method with the 3" side by side makes more sense so there are fewer bends and SH3 comes in from the top into a wye...
  2. M

That's what I get for modifying the same drawing so many times. I forgot to move the Lav3 drain back. So, for the sake of completeness and for anyone that finds this thread in the future, here is the corrected final drawing. Great to have 3 options! Edit: Added the corrected drawing from post #14.
  3. M

I drew it out with the main moved. I don't think I rearranged the order on any of the connections.... Hopefully... It gets a little tight with grouping up fittings in a few places, but I think the system has enough give to land everything where it needs to be. Sorry I keep missing the easy...
  4. M

Got it. Good tip on the double wye being low slope because of the angled take-off. Hadn't considered that. As for the condensate trap drying out, that will be taken care of by a condensing (high efficiency) gas furnace and the a/c. That little bit about the washer drain invalidating a bathroom...
  5. M

Picture of the new drawing didn't attach because it was too big.... Oops. Hopefully this clarifies my intentions.
  6. M

Jeff, My intent was to raise the water heater so that the condensate drain could also serve as the water heater drain pan drain. The trap would be very close to the ground. I guess my thinking is that if there is an overflow, a trap directs the water away while a floor drain, may allow...
  7. M

Copy all. My concern with the 3" clean out was protrusion through a 2x4 wall. Granted, I can cheat them toward the lav side where it will be covered and not interfere with the sheetrock on the other side. Leaning function over form on this decision. Thanks again Wayne, and to Jeff for your...
  8. M

Perfect! I added some of the UPC items that you mentioned just to make this even more overkill. I plan to add cleanouts under each lav and behind the washer in the off chance that I do need to snake any of these drains. I want this system to function with minimal hiccups while being easy for...
  9. M

Thanks for the quick, thorough response! This gives me plenty to think about. I'm used to dealing with UPC and IPC seems so lax in comparison. Obviously I'll want to double check to make sure Ohio doesn't have any specific changes to the pertinent parts of your suggestions. Your layout...
  10. M

Hey everyone, my name is Michael. I’ve been lurking around here for several years gathering up tons of information from you good folks. A belated thanks is owed to everyone that has indirectly helped me through many home renovation projects. This year I bought my childhood home and completely...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks