Search results

1. Amateur 60 Minutes

Added an upstairs washer, how to pipe into existing plumbing without having a shower s-trap?

Thanks again for the advice, Wayne. Yeah, I enlarged it to 4" diagonally in a 9.5" nominal size. I'll wood glue the plug into the old hole to reinforce the joist, and add some scrap metal or 2x4s to keep it sturdy. That joist is supported at several intervals, so I'm not concerned about it. The...
  2. Amateur 60 Minutes

Added an upstairs washer, how to pipe into existing plumbing without having a shower s-trap?

I missed your post before posting something pretty similar. These beige images with wiring and abs pipe all camouflaged into one. I haven't glued everything up just yet, but this all looks correct and functional?
  3. Amateur 60 Minutes

Yes, it's a washer standpipe. Thanks for the help regarding the fittings . I'll use a 2" long sweep 90 for the washer part of the plumbing. Like I said before, I'm going to lower the tub p-trap as far down as I can go. After the p-trap, I'll have a horizontal 90 and then a tee pointing upward...
  4. Amateur 60 Minutes

If you agree what I just drew-up will work, then this has to be the easiest and smartest solution. Moving the tub vent into a wall, and have it tee into the 2" pipe slightly downward while that run connects the washer. The two vents meet in the attic.
  5. Amateur 60 Minutes

Yeah, it's an upstairs tub with a shower head. Thanks for the continued help Jeff. I traced the upstairs walls onto the ceiling downstairs. I can put a vent pipe in any of the crosshatched areas more or less. You can even see a 2" hole the plumbers originally drilled to the left of the current...
  6. Amateur 60 Minutes

No, the vent that's already there is being removed. The new one is on the left, and the old one being removed is on the right.
  7. Amateur 60 Minutes

You're saying this is the way to go? I thought I needed venting above the shower p-trap?
  8. Amateur 60 Minutes

I threw together some isometrics... Right now the plan is to just start drilling the first joist next to the green washer pipe as high up the joist as possible, leaving 2" from the top, then work my way along the joists. I don't know exactly where the 1-1/2" shower drain will intersect the 2"...
  9. Amateur 60 Minutes

No worries, I put some labels on the photos. Let me know if you would like some more photos of my predicament.
  10. Amateur 60 Minutes

On the upstairs floor, I widened a closet to make room for a washer/dryer, and will move back the vent pipe from the front to the back. Plumbing in would be simple if not for the shower drain which I don't want to s-trap. Right now it flows into a sanitary tee in a smooth bend thanks to street...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks