Search results

1. O

150 psi affect on plumbing valves and creation of leak behind shower

Thanks. I'll keep your info from Answer #1 in the back of my head as a likely or possible explanation for future leaks. The house is 22 years old and, although many valves and fixtures have been replaced over the years, the pressure surge certainly didn't help matters. When I get a chance, I'm...
  2. O

The house is about 22 years old. Most of the flush valves are less than 5 years old, but being inherently weak valves they probably couldn't handle the one-time pressure surge. Fortunately, three weeks later and no more leaks from any fixtures. As for the suspected leak around the shower...
  3. O

Water not going to bathroom sink.

This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but have you: physically traced the lines to the sink and the washer from the fixtures all the way to the primary supply line; and, also ensured that there's incoming water (that's under pressure) at the beginning of the two lines (that is, the point...
  4. O

Possibly running new water supply line into old house

As for possible damage to the line between the street and your house, it would largely depend on what pressure the city will be supplying water to you (after it's replaced the main). More than likely, it'll be close to the psi that currently have. If that'll be the case, and if your entire...
  5. O

Thank you for replying. As you suggested, I poured lots of water (bucketloads' worth) all around the tiled shower area. All of the water went down the drain without any problem and there hasn't been any sign of water in the ceiling below. So, this pretty much rules out any coincidence and...
  6. O

Last week, my home's water pressure experienced a surge to nearly 150 psi (as estimated the next day by the water company crew which was repairing a ruptured main related to my neighborhood's surge). The surge resulted in many of my valves and fixtures to fail and leak water - two water heaters...
  7. O

Failed valves from pressure surge and possible leak behind shower

Last week, my home's water pressure experienced a surge to nearly 150 psi (as estimated the next day by the water company crew which was repairing a ruptured main related to my neighborhood's surge). The surge resulted in many of my valves and fixtures to fail and leak water - two water heaters...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks