Search results

1. Z

Cleaning the brine tank... clogging the resin?

Thanks, I never did that in 24 years of use. Small wonder it was such a mess, It was easily 2lbs of goo. I guess I should read the manual this time around. It would be far easier to clean if there was a drain or cleanout port. I should have listened when my wife said the water smelt bad. it was...
  2. Z

Fleck 5600 SE upgrade to 5600SXT

Just got an update from the supplier, they claim that I can upgrade the time metered unit with the addition of a turbine and that my old turbine should work OK. Unit is on the way. my fingers are crossed.
  3. Z

No soft water

I had a similar issue with air when I turned on the facets occasionally along with super salty water. I cleaned everything pretty well, taking the check valve out and running a lot of water in the tube. Later after cleaning everything i found a little blue piece of a plastic bag that I know was...
  4. Z

Cleaning the brine tank... clogging the resin?

I cleaned my brine tank after 24years. There was a sludge in the bottom that was disgusting. Is this usually residue from rock salt instead of solar salt or part of the resin precipitating out? I waited until my salt was nearly out and then stopped the regen cycle after the Brine tank was...
  5. Z

One more question. I want to replace my resin as it is 24 years old and there was a lot of "mud" in my brine tank. I have that all cleaned out now. My unit is labeled H4/5600/M/SE 9.7GPM 11PSI. How do I know how much resin to buy. I am on city water but it is pretty hard. Is there a special...
  6. Z

Thanks for the help. Demand is the key word over Metered, The turbine seems to be an add on. do all the 5600sxt meters have the 3pin connection for the meter? see turbine photo with 3 conductor cable and the circuit board photo. My turbine is still OK. I was hoping to use one of the...
  7. Z

I have a Fleck 5600SE (LED model) it is not properly rinsing. Current timing is 1) backwash for 9min 2) Brine/rinse for 59min 3) Rapid rinse water flows for 1min then timer counts down 7min but no water flows to drain 4) Brine refill for 9min. I have replaced the brine and other valve because...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks