Search results

1. Y

Gurgling Toilet

Just as an update . I had added vinegar at one point to see if that would solve the issue. Well that may have solved the problem of removing much of the buildup allowing for a smoother flow of water. So, problem solved! Still an older toilet that uses more water than I’d like but no need to...
  2. Y

Gurgling Toilet

I’m thinking one piece - just makes life easier. Which one would you get?
  3. Y

Gurgling Toilet

Yeah, one piece is nice and less work. What toilet would you get?
  4. Y

Gurgling Toilet

I may just replace the toilet. This one uses more water anyway so I think going to a low flush toilet will save money. Right now 2 flushes each number 2 is just extra water. And if that doesn’t solve the problem. Well, at least I’ll have a new lower volume toilet. Too many toilets to choose...
  5. Y

Gurgling Toilet

Within the toilet trap. The spot where it makes the turn to drop down. I’m wondering if there is just a bunch of calcium deposits. Do toilets get old?
  6. Y

Gurgling Toilet

Well yup, there are kiddos. I’ve got a camera. One of those things you’d see in a SWAT movie that I bought on Amazon for $30. I can’t get it to make the turn down to see if there’s some sort of clog. In other words, the stem of the camera is too rigid to make the turn. There’s quite a bit...
  7. Y

Gurgling Toilet

No, not 100% sure what the problem is. The 3” lines were newly run so probably no blockage there. Would the blockage possibly be in the toilet itself? I can’t recall how much better it flushed before. But I’ll try running a camera. Thanks!
  8. Y

Gurgling Toilet

Ok great! Your other response was that I put in crappy photos and description so just wanted to recheck after I put better photos and drawing.
  9. Y

Gurgling Toilet

Good question. I assume they wanted to vent to the main stack. The house stack is 6 feet away from the toilet.
  10. Y

Gurgling Toilet

Hi y’all! I’ve got an issue of a gurgling toilet and some waste that comes back into the toilet after the flush. The install was not done well since I ain't no plumber. Anyway, install is flange to short 90 then 2 ft run to elbow 90 to second elbow 90. See drawing. Any thoughts on a way to...
  11. Y

3 3” inch short 90s out of toilet

Any ideas guys? Should I report somewhere else?
  12. Y

I’m fine tearing it out and rebuilding. Question would be with the 90 right at the joist, there isn’t much pipe left if I cut that off. Good grief!
  13. Y

Ok. Here’s a few more pictures. And info. Joists are 9”.
  14. Y

No responses? Any have an idea why there’s be no responses?
  15. Y

I’ve got a situation. To make the toilet fit with outflow - got a short 90 from vertical to horizontal out of toilet followed by a 2 foot horizontal to a short 90 connected to a elbow 90 back to horizontal. Got some gurgling and regular incomplete flushes. The short 90 connected to the elbow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks