Search results

1. Kuraki

Is my well salvagable?

Yeah I layer iron out in my salt.
  2. Kuraki

Is my well salvagable?

As I'm thinking about it I'm pretty sure that pitless was what was being used as a junction even when the pit was there. But I'm super glad you guys posted what you did because low and behold: So yeah it's recessed. And I just finished buttoning everything up. Now I've got to clean the...
  3. Kuraki

Is my well salvagable?

This is the drop piece half. I swear I remember the other side protruding into the casing, but now you've got me thinking I should run my endoscope camera down there for a look. If it was recessed then the drop pipe would end up almost resting on the casing.
  4. Kuraki

Is my well salvagable?

Since a picture is worth 1,000 words and I probably don't know the right ones anyway... I'm sure the well was before the deck. It's an old farmhouse that's been added on to many times, however it's still ridiculously close to the original house. I suppose when it was a pit that made relative...
  5. Kuraki

Is my well salvagable?

Yeah it's not an ideal location I don't have any idea why the previous owners chose it. You're right they were galvanized. The hose clamps were stainless and they're in great shape. The pitless would have had the same electrolysis/galvanic corrosion since the adapter was brass/bronze and...
  6. Kuraki

Is my well salvagable?

Hello, First let me say I appreciate all of the informative posts, you all have saved me a lot of time, trial and error. Some back story to my current issue. About 10 years ago my well developed a leak right at the pitless adapter. It was threaded PVC and one of the threads cracked so the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks