Search results

1. RoundDIY

ABS pipe joint leak in a very tight space

I finally did it today after dealing with some personal distractions. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!
  2. RoundDIY

I will be cutting the leaky joint and the pipe below for replacement. For connecting the pipe part again, am I supposed to use a no hub shielded coupling or hub coupling? It seems like a no hub shielded one is the right one, but why won't a simple hub coupling work?
  3. RoundDIY

Thanks for the suggestions, and I am amazed how everyone is so supportive here! I wrapped the leak with self-fusing silicone tape as a temporary fix for now though I haven't tested it yet. I was planning to pick up a Socket Saver Tool from a local Ferguson store...
  4. RoundDIY

Thanks for the suggestion. This would be the easiest. I already have a roll of this tape: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HWROLIG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 How permanent is this fix going to be? What's the purpose of topping with black Scotch 66 electrical tape...
  5. RoundDIY

Hello, I'm just a diyer for my house. I found a leak from an ABS drain pipe joint as shown attached. It's in a very tight space located above the top of a closet wall and below the bathroom above on the second floor. Leaking water drizzles down into the wall below. May I ask what would be the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks