Search results

1. Left_behind

Replacing a Moen 4873 what is the tool called

may not be a faucet issue. try caulking the base to see if it gets better, than proceed from there...
  2. Left_behind

Melted/Burned Solenoid?

Hmmm. just found this video: Solenoid Burns kinda reinforces what i was told, but my memory is still rather foggy about it... here's the type of actuator i'm referring to. so, i'm leaning towards not leaving the black solenoid off the actuator for any length of time or it'll burn when...
  3. Left_behind

Melted/Burned Solenoid?

hey gang, long ago and far away, i barely remember someone telling me about a melted solenoid on a Superior/Champion automatic sprinkler actuator valve. can someone refresh my memory so it doesn't happen to me? i want to say the gist is: "Never Turn Off Incoming Water with the Actuator...
  4. Left_behind

Toto Fill Valve in American Standard Toilet

if its a compression type (assuming you're running copper), and it's a "Straight Stop" as opposed to an angle stop. you may be able to troubleshoot the volume/pressure by removing the guts of the stop, then having someone turn on the water while you monitor the outcome. yes, a bit messy...
  5. Left_behind

Interchangeable with Delta Parts?

we've gone that route which caused us to finally land on this particular brand. the rep is *Outstanding*, and isn't a "used car sales type person", and very knowledgeable. we are committed as we have signed on the dotted line!
  6. Left_behind

most definitely! I've seen other coaches with signs of varmint issues, EG traps, steel wool, etc. that being said, all potential inlets shall be sealed upon construction at the factory. the foundation will be 100% concrete groundset! it's gonna be built on a concrete tomb! crawl access will...
  7. Left_behind

Toto Fill Valve in American Standard Toilet

possibly debris stuck in the pipe/angle stop? disconnect the supply and note the flow from the angle stop vs upstairs' flow. this will eliminate the toilets and test "before the toilet". from there, you can flush out the angle stop if it has a removable packing nut, or removed the angle stop...
  8. Left_behind

Recirculation Pump Installation Questions

as stated above, just be sure you have the pump sized correctly for your application! too aggressive will burn out your copper fittings and cause pinholes. i used to put 'em on a timer. too small and it just won't give you the desired effect. i've seen some applications where gravity actually...
  9. Left_behind

Noisy water heater

@rmk9785e IMHO: grumbling/popping is from calcium build up in the tank. It's like a percolating coffee pot! do the simplest thing first and drain the water heater and as stated above, YES install a "Full Port" drain cock! when you see white crumbly pieces, you'll know you're on the right...
  10. Left_behind

Recirculation Pump Installation Questions

IMHO: six of one, half dozen of the other. i've seen it done both ways. the main consideration would be an electrical outlet and ease of application and space. sometimes you just don't have the space at the bottom in a water heater enclosure. as for the union x sweat, Ugh! as a retired C-36...
  11. Left_behind

kinda what I thought! my plan is: 1) set house in and pass inspection 2) after passing installation inspection , commence "Remodel" and have all the PEX removed, and have tub filler, tub/shower valve, and shower valve replaced with Moen or Delta. What kills me is I can do this myself, but I'm...
  12. Left_behind

hey guys, we are having a new mobile home built. they've changed from Delta to "Ultra Brand" plumbing fixtures. I'm so against any "Knock Offs", but I've been out of the industry a while and thought I'd ask. I've asked the builder to install Delta or Moen, but they refused. they will not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks