Search results

1. Debrasville

Proper way to permanently cap off cast iron toilet drain in foundation?

Thanks! I guess it sounds like I was already on the right track. It's already low enough that it should be covered just fine by the Schluter Ditra I'll be laying under the tile and ultimately be located under the washing machine anyways.
  2. Debrasville

Proper way to permanently cap off cast iron toilet drain in foundation?

I'm converting what was a half bath in my tri-level home into a laundry room. I've repurposed the sink drain for the laundry and sink drain, but now need to cap off the old cast iron toilet flange so I can level and tile the floor. What's the best route to do this? I found this cap product...
  3. Debrasville

I know this washer/sink rough isn't right...so what's wrong here?

2) Or you could have the standpipe trap arm go through the stud, and put the box behind the washer. Gotcha. I might actually try to do this. Only reason I originally favored the right side of the stud is to help maintain space to get my arm behind the dryer to attach the vent duct.
  4. Debrasville

Thanks so much, Wayne! To respond to your additional points: - If it helped with heights, the cleanout can be above the two san-tees. I planned to put it as close to that existing pipe as possible for ease of access once I install the sink vanity. That said, is there an advantage to having the...
  5. Debrasville

Taking a stab at my first DIY plumbing project - converting a small half bath into a laundry room. The room is in no way possible to vent through the roof but I'm in Michigan where AAV can be used so planning to go that route. The prior bathroom wasn't vented at all and didn't seem to have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks