Search results

1. Mrbintx

Water level in all three toilets receding

Plumber and builder appear to be just as stumped as I am. Plumber agreed to investigate and mentioned something about possible mold build up (capillary action ?). I suggested the following course of action: Get a new, replacement toilet and set it up on blocks with a pan below the drain hole...
  2. Mrbintx

Jeff, We had both the plumbing company that did the build as well as an independent company scope the drains. I also watched as the original plumbers did the scope. No more standing water in the drains and flushes of toilet paper flowed through to city sewer in each flush. The supervisor...
  3. Mrbintx

I checked the level in the sink traps using a flashlight. Looks normal to me.
  4. Mrbintx

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to flashlight trick today to see where the water level is in the sink traps.
  5. Mrbintx

No back to back toilets. The 3 bathrooms are as follows: 1) 1/2 Bath downstairs: Toilet and sink are on the same drain/vent 2) Master Bath downstairs: Toilet, 2 sinks and shower on the same drain/vent 3) Bath upstairs: Toilet, sink and tub on the same drain/vent Again, appreciate you time and...
  6. Mrbintx

Thank you all for your professional insight and time. This has given us a better appreciation for plumbing, Regarding flapper siphoning, I had tried the following: - Turned off water supply to toilet - Flushed and held open flapper until tank water was below level of flapper/opening - Slowly...
  7. Mrbintx

Thanks for the quick responses. No animals in the house. Hard to believe evaporation could cause that level of drop overnight (02/20 to 02/21). Wind was not excessive. Saw some minor movement of the water on some days, but, nothing that would pull over an inch of water over the trap...
  8. Mrbintx

We recently purchased a new construction townhome (haven't moved it yet). We had issues with bellies under the foundation that were corrected by the builder (tunneled under foundation). After that fix, we noticed that all three toilets had low water in the bowls so we did the following: We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks