Search results

1. Eagle4x

Why aren't remodel plates usually installed with initial installation?

Someone told me that even though that my valve is not an "A", that the only part can fail in the valve is the cartridge. Is that correct?
  2. Eagle4x

There is an access panel from behind the valve...the white panel in the pic. However, I wasn't able to center it behind the valve because some studs where in the way. The panel is located in a small hallway closet so there's limited access to reach the valve.
  3. Eagle4x

The studs and some blocking were not plumb so that's why the ditra. However, since the pic taken, I've removed most of it and sistered some studs on the wall.
  4. Eagle4x

The reason I purchased the Glacier Bay valve is because the handle on it matches the faucets on my tub and sink. From online research handles between brands aren't interchangeable, therefore, that's why: 1) I haven't upgraded to a better quality valve. 2) I'm considering installing a repair...
  5. Eagle4x

The backer/tile for my shower not installed yet. Because there would not be enough access even with 6" diameter hole in backer/tile for valve and limited space in the access door to replace it if ever needed, I asked a friend who is a licensed plumber for his suggestions. He said to install a...
  6. Eagle4x

Confused about mortar under tubs...

My jacuzzi tub is secure on a frame and has 2" thick styrofoam block in different locations under it and I put sand between them, so there is no significant movement of the tub. My understanding is that the purpose of installing something under the tub to keep floor of tub from cracking...
  7. Eagle4x

Confused about mortar under tubs...

The guy who helped me with converting a bedroom to a master bath used drywall mud under the tub and the mud cracked and I removed it and put sand. I don't understand why using mortar better than sand because if tub ever has to be replaced: 1) More difficult to remove. 2) It will be damaged...
  8. Eagle4x

Valve question

Some questions regarding my shower valve (pressure balanced), but 1st about the valve/connections: 1) Link to the valve: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-...9004/304685280 2) Connections to valve and shower head: 1/2" PEX. After looking at the link to the valve again, I noticed the flow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks