Search results

1. DysfunctionalVeteran

Is this flue ok???

I know that the cement looking stack goes up to the roof line. On the roof is a metal fake chimney.
  2. DysfunctionalVeteran

Is this flue ok???

Thanks for your reply
  3. DysfunctionalVeteran

Is this flue ok???

Thanks So I did call Van-Packer and they said they don’t have any information on something that old, but there “should” be a type B liner inside the (what I presume to be asbestos) chimney stack. He followed up with saying to get a smoke test done to see if it is leaking before hooking...
  4. DysfunctionalVeteran

Is this flue ok???

The only reason why I am considering is to save space in the utility closet where the HWH and furnace are. This new HWH that I am looking at is a 29 gal that supposedly produces as much HW as a 50 gallon. Ofcourse I could go the tankless route and save a ton of space but I’m not sold on...
  5. DysfunctionalVeteran

Is this flue ok???

Unfortunately I don’t know. Obviously I have metal flue pipe going from HWH up into the chase, but idk if it stays metal the whole way, or just terminates in the presumably asbestos pipe going through my attic.
  6. DysfunctionalVeteran

Is this flue ok???

Thanks for the reply. I put an info request in with them. We’ll see…
  7. DysfunctionalVeteran

Is this flue ok???

I’m considering buying this new natural gas hot water heater (pic attached). The installation manual states that it requires a double wall type B flue pipe. Short of climbing my roof and taking the cap off, I don’t know if my flue is double wall or not. House was built in 1968 and I took a...
  8. DysfunctionalVeteran

Pipe into HWH drain valve???

That’s what I was thinking as well, put a T in the hot water outlet. Just wasn’t sure if it was “legal” to pipe the return into where the existing tank drain valve is.
  9. DysfunctionalVeteran

Thanks for your service as well buddy
  10. DysfunctionalVeteran

Hydronic Heat Equipment Question

I thought it was over 300’ was max loop for 1/2” pex. At any rate, I have 2”xps foam and 10mil poly. Tube spacing is 12” and remesh was pulled up when concrete was poured to get tubing near center of 4” slab. Thanks everyone for the replies so far.
  11. DysfunctionalVeteran

Thanks for the reply. Yes I believe the drain valve is the same or very similar to the picture you show. I just am concerned if whether or not this is code approved should I ever sell the house. I keep looking at the diagram to see if a check valve should be added between the new drain valve...
  12. DysfunctionalVeteran

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t turn on notifications. I wrote down the exact number at home, but it’s in the ballpark of 500’ total
  13. DysfunctionalVeteran

Hello, I would like to hook up my slab hydronic heating pipes as shown in the picture. The exception is that I want to use my current 40 gallon hot water heater. Is it allowable to pipe the return side from the exchanger into the drain valve of the HWH tank? What if the valve on my tank is...
  14. DysfunctionalVeteran

Hello everyone! I live in a raised ranch in Northern Illinois. I recently had to replace the concrete slab in my lower level and when doing so, I installed 2 loops of 1/2” PEX-C in the slab to act as a secondary heat source. There is forced air heat, but with the thermostat being upstairs the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks