Search results

1. Matt Hacket

Well pressure tank won't rebuild pressure with water running and loses some when its not

The legality aspect is interesting. Because now that I think about it, it was listed on the new tanks box with other "don't forget these items." The only reason I didn't buy one was because I thought I had one installed already but in a place I didn't see.
  2. Matt Hacket

Well pressure tank won't rebuild pressure with water running and loses some when its not

Gotcha. When figuring out how to replace my pressure tank I found several photos like this so I thought I was supposed to have one. Well I won't be able to pull my pump until early next week. Any good resources on how to pull and check the pump? Google and YouTube got me pretty far so I...
  3. Matt Hacket

So I don't believe I have a check valve above ground. (Whoever renovated my house years ago was obviously not a pro) Could it be likely that there is one on the pipe leading from the house to the actual well (under ground)? Or is it possible that it would've functioned just fine without one...
  4. Matt Hacket

So I got around to doing a few more tests (I've been ill the last few days). I checked the GPM from the tub which is normally the fastest running faucet and was getting around 4.5 GPM. I started with a full tank and 60 psi and got around 9 gallons in 2 minutes and once the pressure dropped to...
  5. Matt Hacket

So is there anything else I can answer for the purposes of continuing a diagnosis? Or should I start to lean toward the pump? From everything I read before joining here to ask, I was thinking it may be the pump. But given my lack of experience with wells I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing...
  6. Matt Hacket

Got the cap off. Cracked it on the edge either because its old or because its cold or both. But I guess I'll replace that now too. I van take better photos in the morning if need be.
  7. Matt Hacket

Perhaps I did in my first reply to you? The one that showed up all orange. Looks like I responded to everything you asked. If I missed it let me know and I will. Sorry, I've never posted in a forum before. Usually I can search and find my issue by reading them or on you tube. Thanks for...
  8. Matt Hacket

I'll go grab some photos with the top off shortly here when the snow let's up. The cinder blocks are actually surrounding the well head because a raised flower bed was built around it. I had the well inspected before buying the house and they said it was pushing 11GPM. Dont know if thats more...
  9. Matt Hacket

Man I sure messed up pulling quotes to answer each different question. I'll have to work on that.
  10. Matt Hacket

So as the title says, my well pressure tank will not build pressure back while water is running in the house. The tank starts with full pressure (60psi) when a faucet is opened and drops normally while running down to 40psi and the switch kicks the pump on. It sits at 40psi for a few minutes and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks