Search results

1. PTN

Incandecent Buzzing

I had a question regarding a couple of torchiere lamps i bought at home depot which use a three way switch for a three way bulb - 50, 100 and 150. i plugged them into outlets controlled by lutron dimmers and even when they are full-on, they buzz. When you dim them, they buzz louder. i have...
  2. PTN

What can paneling support?

I recently bought a house that has circa 1970's faux wood paneling on some walls. i want to hang some speakers (10 lbs each) and a very heavy mirror on some of the paneled walls. i know i can catch studs in some areas but what if some of the screws don't line up with the studs? the paneling is...
  3. PTN

Tstat Common Wire

i want to install programmable thermostats. one each for the upstairs and downstairs zones in my 2000SF raised ranch. right now i have the basic honeywell round tstats. the one downstairs has two wires which are not labeled. the upstairs handles AC and heat and has the following wiring...
  4. PTN

Indirects or Turbomax - Any Experiences?

I have read several posts regarding indirect hot water heaters installed in conjunction with oil fired boilers. i have the same type of questions as to which indirects are good options but additionally, to add to the mix of products, i ran across a tank made by thermo 2000 called turbomax...
  5. PTN

Aqua Booster vs Indirect Water Heater Tank

i am looking at buying a house in CT with a 1990 New Yorker oil fired boiler (dry based - 133000btu) that has baseboard heat (2 zones)and a tankless coil for domestic hot water. serviced yearly by the oil company since they installed it. it looks in good shape but the dometic hot water is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks