Search results

1. Dave E

Pentair WS48 5600 sxt10 water pressure drop after 2yrs

I confirmed that the pictures above are the way the control head is made, thus 3/4 opening versus 1" resin pipe.... I changed the resin in the tank and the flow is back to normal.
  2. Dave E

After the confusing data above, I decided to pull the control valve and check to see if there were any obstructions. I noticed the tube from the resin tank was offset, so I pulled the control unit off. Can anyone confirm that I have a defective head? It looks like the hole at the bottom is...
  3. Dave E

Since this all started after I cleaned the brine tank from a salt bridge at bottom, I thaught before I change 2yr old resin I would explore. Last night I took the brine hose off the controller and used my air compressor to blow toward the salt tank, then also blew it in the controller head at...
  4. Dave E

@Bannerman Thanks for taking the time to provide the level of detail above, much appreciated! I must have really got a bad batch online or clogged the lower resin screen. I tested my inlet water with my pool kit and the hardness is about 200ppm and clorine was not even registering on the...
  5. Dave E

I ran a regen yesterday, then later last night I ran another regen with Iron (out), this morning same low pressure water. Are you saying I need to run Iron out twice? The only thing I didn't do is run bathtub cold water after regen. The house is on city water and is only 6 years old. Another...
  6. Dave E

2 year old water softener with drop in house water pressure. It started a couple months ago, bypassed water softener and water pressure is fine. I took off the top to resin tank and the filter is clean that is attached to top of control unit. Any ideas to try? I called and they told me the...
  7. Dave E

Carbon Filter suggestion to pair with 5600sxt 1.5cu

Since I already own a 5600sxt 48k 1.5cu water softener as mentioned above, can I buy the 5800sxt carbon filter 1.5cu setup, then move the better 5800sxt controller to my water softener and put the 5600sxt control unit on the carbon tank? Will the software/firmware for the 5600 work with the...
  8. Dave E

Carbon Filter suggestion to pair with 5600sxt 1.5cu

Recently moved to a new house and quickly added a water softener fleck 5600sxt 1.5cu 1" from aplus water llc to my city water. It was an easy install for me. The water softener is doing it's job, however the water does not taste good and my wife complains about her hair feeling dry (however...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks