Search results

1. Dave313

Help with shower drain seal

Well I dug out what was around the pipe and it looks like they just jammed paper towel in there and covered it with silicone.... Thank you for all your suggestions - Can I make a lead and oakum joint up between the cast iron drain pipe and the fiberglass shower base hole?
  2. Dave313

Thank you Terry - I tried moving the pipe around and it doesn't seem to be budging, so my concern is that I won't be able to use a standard gasket as the gap is bigger on one side than the other....
  3. Dave313

hi Mustee 36 inch shower pan here. I recently opened up my shower drain cover to discover an off center 1.5 inch drain that appears to have been sealed with a silicone film rather than a gasket. It has to have been leaking for some time. We thought the leak had to do with a crack in the shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks