Search results

1. Steven765

multiple toilets seperate floors, one stack

Fair point and ty for the reply. I went around with my inspection scope and watched the traps while family flushed 2 of the 3 at once to make sure it wasn't suctioning them. Yes I'm a dorky engineer who would do such things. I do see the water level move 1/8 to 1/4" in the basement floor drain...
  2. Steven765

multiple toilets seperate floors, one stack

Situation is 1830 brownstone construction. 4" cast iron vent / stack basement to attic with 3 toilets emptying into it. Now I know the code says don't do this, each should have a seperate vent, but it's been running fine for almost 2 centuries. I just finished replacing everything with PVC as...
  3. Steven765

Soil vent stack out attic gable wall allowed?

Assuming you meet set back requirements, there's no soffit vents (entire roof is spray foamed) and no operable windows are near by. Is there any issue venting the drain termination out an attic side wall?
  4. Steven765

Exterior stack vent location gable wall?

Looking at 903 for NY. We have about 80ft of 4" developed cast iron pipe length to the street vent. It currently vents 19DFU's but plan an extra 2 for a washer sink, 21 DFU's which puts me square in 3" pipe territory. Can anyone see an issue with reducing from 4 - 3" pipe only in the last vent...
  5. Steven765

Dishwasher and AAV

Just went to look for a johnson tee. Seems they're either out of business or offline. Is there anything against plumbing a trap (separate from the sink of course) up to a normal tee reduced to 3/4", and continuing the 2" line above the cabinets to an AAV inset with Oatey box?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks