Search results

1. Patty Bates

Can water intake poly pipe freeze under soil, in water?

Hello, At my cottage I have a 1-1/4" black poly pipe for lake water intake. It leaves the cottage, runs 4 feet underground and enters the lake. Where the pipe enters the water at the shore, it's buried under sand, but definitely less than 4 feet deep (probably 1 to 2 feet deep). As the lake is...
  2. Patty Bates

Removing plastic tee to install in-pipe heating system

At my cottage I have a 100 foot, 1-1/4" black poly pipe for lake water intake. To avoid potential freezing this winter, I'm going to install an in-pipe heating system. The poly pipe goes through the concrete block foundation and immediately hooks up to a plastic tee. It then goes up and away...
  3. Patty Bates

Replacing a lake water intake pipe between the cottage and lake

Hello everyone, I have a 4-season cottage in the Ottawa area and my water supply is lake water. The lake is about 60 feet away. I was losing prime and pressure in my system and it looks like the water pipe outside has failed. I will be replacing it completely. I was just curious about the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks