Search results

1. Schniddy

Bathtub drain keeps spinning?

Oh no, sorry if I wasnt clear. The parts were $60. The plumber got 3 hours of labor for the job + trip fee ($600). I hesitated posting the local rates here ($160-$190/hr here was quoted from the plumbers I called) so somebody elsewhere in the country didn't get an unrealistic expectation of...
  2. Schniddy

I thought I'd follow-up as I know when I search for a problem, it's rare people come back and post up their solutions. Thanks again for the replies, I was finally able to get a plumber out here to address this issue. You guys hit the nail on the head with your replies. Turns out whoever...
  3. Schniddy

Yep, drain tool all the way down to the cross bar, and is spinning the whole drain without lifting up.
  4. Schniddy

Thanks Terry. So the thought is that the drain's threads are kaput which is why it just spins (while being retained) when I'm turning it? At this point, it's likely going to have to be cut out vs. trying to get leverage to pull & turn at it? And even if I get it out, the threads are going...
  5. Schniddy

Greetings, thanks in advance for any advice. I'll explain my situation, and I'm concerned it's above my 'average diy' skills, but I have no clue who to call to help me address it if it is. My main floor bathroom appears to have a tub liner installed, and I noticed that it feels like there is...