Search results

1. Dave12345

Sink drain correct and to code?

Thanks Wayne, Much appreciated. You are confirming my concerns about the wye and the 2 to 1 1/2 coupling (its definitely 1 1/2 on both sides of the PVC though it isnt obvious in the pic.) I wasn't thinking about the fact that they are unshielded and when I take this out I will correct that. I...
  2. Dave12345

Sink drain correct and to code?

This drain (picture attached) does not drain efficiently. Looking at it I think it should have a Sanitary Tee instead of a Wye (in red rectangle) and that the drain isn't supposed to go from 2 inch to 1 1/2 inch (also in red rectangle). The vertical pipe (blue rectangle) is a vent; there is a...
  3. Dave12345

OK to add pipe between wye and 1/8 bend?

Opened up a can of worms while trying to repair long term water damage. I tore up the subfloor to find a lot of rot and that the shower drain was probably originally intended for a tub (1 1/2 inch). There is very limited space to put in a trap for the shower and tie into the original 2 inch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks