Search results

1. DJKuulA

Spinning Tub Spout

Steel wool seems to do the trick so far. (The new spout is a slide-on with a set screw.) Next question: for the square hole in the tile around the pipe, should I scrape out the old caulk remnants and fill it with new caulk? Or is there a better approach? I think that's a cement board panel...
  2. DJKuulA

Spinning Tub Spout

Follow-up question: is it safe to use WD-40 to clean off the pipe corrosion? If not, what's the recommended method? Just sandpaper?
  3. DJKuulA

Spinning Tub Spout

Hot diggety, that did the trick! I pulled gently while twisting the spout back and forth, and eventually it started sloooooowly coming off. Took about five minutes to work it all the way off, but it was a stress-free five minutes. :) Thanks!!!
  4. DJKuulA

Spinning Tub Spout

So I'm trying to remove a Moen tub spout and as you might guess, have run into an issue. I removed the set screw, no problem. But now the spout just spins freely. Well, there's a little scraping resistance, but not much. If I pull on the spout, the whole pipe moves. I don't know how it was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks